Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Throat injury skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ever wondered if, when on a drag lift, where it crosses a piste, there are any crashes from stupid people skiing into the travelling poma and passenger? Yesterday it happened to me when a (60's something) guy failed to notice the bright orange tape funnelling the piste down to 2 metres wide and impacted into me at around 10-12mph! I got even more angry when he started to blame me (must be a Parisian)! Very lucky there were no injuries to either of us apart from not being able to talk today after all the shouting I did!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chris, In my first week a tiny kid did the same thing to me. unfotunately I headed of back down the lift tarck head first taking out our entire ski school group. Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chris, I had a guy run into the back of me last week and tried to blame me (didn't ask if he came from Paris). Although my French is not great I did have a really good go at him - luckily dangerous imbecile is similar in both languages.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Clutching banker" (or something similar) works too if shouted in the face form 3 inches..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always feel that it's best to badmouth someone in your own language. They'll get the drift, and if I cursed someone in French it would probably come over as hilariously funny. Hard to see how anyone can blame the poma rider for any sort of crash.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, you don't have much luck with drag lifts, do you? Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2 of my mates have done this. Guilty.

Both beginner snowboarders, concentrating so hard that they didn't see the lift. One was in Chamonix (Le Tour) a couple of years back, despite me and 2 other friends shouting at him, he didn't hear and went smack into this poor chap of the drag. It was one of those occasions when you could see it happening in slow motion in front of your very own eyes but were powerless to do anything about it.

Then, almost dejavu fashion, this year in Zermatt exactly the same thing happened, except this time a different mate, but this time he spotted the bloke coming towards him on the drag lift but couldn't get out of the way.

Thankfully on both occasions, no serious damage done. I know it's not funny when these things happen to you, but really, these were both VERY FUNNY !! Very Happy Toofy Grin Very Happy Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was nearly taken out this way once, but saw something even funnier in Tignes this Jan:- (assumed) beginner fell off drag-lift on his own, slithered in a heap down the drag track, next beginner ran over him and added to the heap. Had to laugh!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy