Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

boots for a narrow heel

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Been looking for some new boots but cant find a pair thats not sloppy in the heel. I have a narrow heel or something like that and need a boot to support it. ive tried on the lange freeride 120s and those were the least sloppy i could find. can anyone think of any other boots that may work better for me?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
J-fast, it all depends on the other dimensions of your foot, nordica dobermann 130, the Atomic Race tec CS and a few others have a good narrow heel as has the Lange you have tried, best to go see the local bootfitter and see what they recommend Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
J-fast, I ski in Raichle/Kneissl which are no longer made, but they might start again in the states - the only boots I've ever found to hold my heel without causing problems. the website that is supposed to help is http://www.fulltiltskibootco.com/ Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you have boots which are a bit loose on the heel, what's the best way of getting them to grip a bit better?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, those full tilts look remarkably like dalbellos!

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. i'm going out looking again this weekend and will try out some of those mentioned. I've heard of heel wraps and filling with foam. is there only certain boots that this can be done to? could someone clarify this for me? thanks
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a narrow heel and have bought Nordica Olympus SM10 - however I went for the custom foam filled liner and that worked for me. Not cheap though...Had them fitted by www.surefoot.com in Verbier but I think they are a Canadian company...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi J- fast, I have a narrow foot and ski in Nordica GS10. Tried on several and these where the ones for me hardly need to put any tightness to the bottom two buckles as it holds the foot and heel really well. Good luck and happy shopping Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My wife has narrow ankles- she has just got some HEAD S9 Heat Fit Boots !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nobody makes boots with a narrow heel unless it's got a narrow forefoot as well. How may people have you met who have needed the forefoot stretched? Dozens? How many people have you met who have had padding of some sort to make the heel less sloppy? Dozens?

Now. How many people have you met who have bought a boot with a wide heel, because they couldn't get into a narrow one, and have then had to have the forefoot padded because it was too wide? I would guess, zero?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi, Technica do a narrow heel and a wide forefoot. So do Dalbello. If that's the shape of your foot, they are worth checking out. Not as many UK shops carry them, so people end up buying from not-so-good shops who are more interested in getting a sale than putting someone in the best fitting boot.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi, atomic
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I too have small and narrow feet, and skiied in Raichle until they (the boots that is, long after the demise of Raichle the company) gave up the ghost. I now have a pair of Rossignols which seem very narrow in the heel (compared to my ancient Raichles, whcih were like someone much larger's slippers by the time I reluctantly gave them up) and indeed were selected on that basis.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, SMALLZOOKEEPER, I bow to your greater knowledge Laughing . I obviously know a lot more duck-footed skiers than average rolling eyes . Incidently, I have owned Lange (can't remember where from), Rossignol (Snow & Rock) and now Head (Profeet). Now I have no idea what brands Profeet stock as I was only given 2 to try on but I wouldn't have thought them
Quote:

not-so-good shops who are more interested in getting a sale than putting someone in the best fitting boot.

They have been stretched on the forefoot, the right one twice.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
maggi, if they are only stretching one foot, that's ok - that's to deal with deformities in it. If they were stretching both, then it would be a question of why did they choose that boot.
snow conditions
maggi, Cheeky! Little Angel
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

maggi, if they are only stretching one foot, that's ok - that's to deal with deformities in it. If they were stretching both, then it would be a question of why did they choose that boot

I disagree, I have Lange boots, have had them both stretched by CEM to allow some more room for my toes. They fit perfectly everywhere else, far better than any other make and I don't have deformed feet.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, Yeah i have to agree with METRON-MAN, and disagree a little.
snow conditions
Spyderman, My Langes were both stretched too. Deformed? Shocked I have very nice feet!
latest report
Rossignols for me too - although after a couple of years I got the liners packed out around the ankles and now they are really snug.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy