Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie question re: luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ryanairs list of items prohibited in hand luggage is here No mention of a skiing boot. They could argue that it is a blunt instrument I suppose but it is hardly in the same category as a rice flail or knuckle duster.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jakes Daddy, you don't want tube socks anyway, so they can all go Wink

Good idea to have a cheapo jacket for evenings. I've heard too many tales of lost/nicked/cigarette burnt jackets to be happy risking wearing a decent one out to a bar.

Agree that slippers are a good idea, then you only need one pair of boots for the evenings/travelling in.

I washed 1 x baselayer and 1 x microfleece and they dried overnight, but had another set just in case they didn't (temperamental radiator).

I found those compression bags (the ones you either vacuum or squeeze all the air out of) to be really useful. Cut down on bulk.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Suggest you only use a base layer NEVER a tee-shirt under a fleece. It will trap the moisture and you'll feel like a sauna. Same goes for cotton shirts - OK for evening, not for skiing. Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jakes Daddy, one advantage of squashy bags is that they can be crammed under your bed, or into a corner of a cupboard, or something when you arrive. Some rooms on ski trips are VERY small! A second pair of gloves is always a good idea, one might get wet enough not to dry overnight, or you might lose one. I hope you'll report back with a de-brief on briefs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Seems to be lots of favour for canvas holdalls / ruck sacks / whatever over and about a traditional suitcase - do you not worry about them getting damaged by heavy-handed/light-fingered baggage handlers?

They can still mangle the traditional suitcase, our big one that is used for skiing has lost 2 'feet' over the years. We also use a rolly holdall as it's easy to change from shoes to boots from it depending on snow conditions.
Don't skimp on the changes of skiing clothes that are nicer to wear when fresh. Choose evening clothes, then take half of them. 'Slipper type' footwear is useful, use it to bags your space on a boot dryer when wearing your boots, saves soggy feet when in the boot room. You don't mind so much if someone moves them and looses one, imagine the inconvenience if they did that with your one pair of shoes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

looses one

You normally keep them on a leash then? Do they get out and maraud around the chalet causing mayhem? Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy