Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please Help - What Resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if you guys could help me find a good resort for skiing.

Basically, i'm looking for a resort for my mum Smile which is about beginner to intermediate in the week -

24th Feb- 3rd March (days can change a bit e.g. 23-2)

We are having a problem finding anywhere that has cheap deals and flights and has snow as well.

So Far we have found good deals for:

Cerler (not sure about how much snow)
Lofer ( good but not sure about snow-again)
Macugnaga ( not enough beginner runs?)

also anywhere in the Pyrenees good beacause cheap flights by Ryan Air available.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks very much in advance

Tim
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads Tim. I'm not qualified to comment on any of the resorts you mention but I guarantee that someone will be along shortly to give you the info you're loooking for.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a butchers through the resorts section of this site and then compare that to the snow reports thread for current snow information.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Resort Index:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Soldeu Andorra, excellent ski school might be worth waiting to ensure snow is OK
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah i think Andorra would suit your ability, its cheap, huge linked ski area, aimed at all levels, Soldeu, Pas De La Casa, I think the conditions are good now due to recent snowfall.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree... Andorra best bet
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Clusaz in France is a fantastic resort for begginer - intermediate and has some good reds and a few blacks too, i was there last week and the snow was ok and the forecast looks good too. It may be worth looking at flights into geneve airport with easy jet or ryanair. (Driving is another option?) I drove and it was ok but does take up a whole day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Liam, how is andorra cheap ???
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Smokin Joe, it's not but the people that go there are
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller,
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
try this;

monterosaholidays.net

The cable car takes you up to 10,000 feet and some good runs.
My g/f and i are returning there for our 2nd holiday this season but this time to one of their apartments as we like to come and go as we please.
If you decide to stay in their hotel then take a small kettle with you for a middle of the night cuppa!
The hotel is in the village of STAFFA which is thebiggest of several that makes up the Macugnaga (pronounced 'MackunYaga') and closest to the main chairlift.
Their is vitually no waiting in line for lifts through the week and not even when the weekend lot come up from Milan.
It is quiet, small, picturesque and friendly with the ski tuition first class. a one hour lesson (one to one) with an instructor is about 20 euros-not bad,eh?

For those who want a lager swilling,'Blackpool' in the alps type of resort then i would suggest that this resort is not your cup of tea.

Rob & Gill
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hi
try livigno, italy. ryanair to milan. there is a bus that goes regularly from milan into livigno now which costs 50 euro's a person. the resort is cheap to eat in and its duty free. lift passes are cheaper than most french resorts and the ski schools are good. its also great for beginners and there is plenty of snow. try looking at www. mountain-toursltd.com. i know a few people who have used them and have been very impressed with the service and cost. they can give you a price for everything except your flights and only charge you the real price. its quite a long transfer but you do save on cost and it wouldn't hurt to get a quote.

Hannah
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy