Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April Weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheaders,

Am trying to plan a quick weekend away with work, looking likely that it will be the weekend of 13th-16th April.

Does anyone have some suggestions on resorts, especially given we will likely need to leave Friday afternoon / return very early Monday morning?
My thinking so far is Easyjet to Geneva, staying in Avoriaz (or Argentiere as back-up). Three Valleys / Espace Killy always a 'snow-sure' option, but transfer would be difficult.

Any tips or suggestions gratefully received

Thankyou!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Espace Killy is about as snowsure as they come, I suppose, but I would never call the 3 Valleys snowsure. You can't really bracket them together.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did cervinia/zermatt on that weekend last year, had a fab time bit slushy down low but fresh powder on the sunday.

why not the weekend b4, 4 days skiing for the cost of 0 work time off..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

why not the weekend b4, 4 days skiing for the cost of 0 work time off..

Unfortunately its a bit difficult to get the peeps from work away over Easter
snow conditions
 brian
brian
pam w, 2 of them are, Val T certainly, Courchevel above 1850. There should be enough snow to transit across Méribel as well in most mid-Aprils.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If your near enough to London or Kent, use the train to get to Bourg San Maurice. From there Espace Killy is about 50 mins away; or Moutiers from which Val-T is about 50 mins away.

Overnight Fri and overnight Sun, you can leave Waterloo at 5PM Fri and get back for 10AM monday
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you fly then just rent a car.
£90 for a weekend split between you is just so much easier, more flexible and cheaper than organising other transfers.

Swiss have a 7.15am from Geneva flight to London City if you are London based.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If your planning on flying, ensure minimal transfer times, else you will find yourself sitting in a coach or car all weekend!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Def hire a car, that way it doesn't really matter where you stay, there is bound to be snow somewhere within driving range.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
book your flights and car but no need to book accomodation for then. many places will be empty so you can pick the snow and still get a cheap deal. in fact, put a message on snowheads a few days before and you'll get offers from many of us with places near to geneva.

I do agree that flying early on Sat 14th will be much better than Fri 13th as the Friday will still have the Easter Group 7th - 13th April so accomodation may be tight. Plenty of v early saturday morning flights and you can still be on the slopes mid-morning with a bit of planning (i.e. one of you waits for the bags, the other collects the car etc etc) and no faffing!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Val guide, think about Grenoble or Lyon too - Ryanair do some very good deals to Grenoble.... From there it's only 1.5 hours by car to LDA, ADH, several other smaller resorts, and only another .5 hour to LG. All high, all good snow .... Also consider Chambery/Chamrousse, close and pretty good skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy