Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many other places can you get to from Champery ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Still on my research to find a place to go to for a short weekend.
Champery came up as it's easy to get to from Geneva. However, the snow isn't great there at the moment (30cm lower, 60cm upper). Can you get to all the other places near it via the ski lifts ?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
GordonFreeman, yep, the big cable car takes you up to the Les Crosets/Champoussin/Avoriaz area which is all well linked. Further afield you can get to Chatel, Morgins, Torgon etc. all by lift linked skiing. Morzine/Gets requires some combination of lifts down/buses/walking.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GordonFreeman, Why would you want to stay in Champery? Need to take a cable car IIRC (or at least a chain of chairs) to get up in the morning and it's a much longer drive from Geneva than say, Morzine or Les Gets and you effectively access the same skiing.

Can't see the advantage myself...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, Unless you like a really chocolate box Swiss village. And you can get there easily by (Swiss) trains - no need to drive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nlinesw4, fair choccy box point. It is admittedly pretty.

But why swap a 60 minute drive to Les Gets say (which isn't the most unattractive of spots) for a 2.5 hour train journey with 1 or 2 changes (admittedly through some lovely countryside)? And then have arguably more faffage once you get there...and you're into the Swiss side of the PDS which at later season might be nice warm and sunny ... but tends to lose the snow and get slushy ...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy