Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

current conditions in verbier

Poster: A snowHead
I am off to verbier 22-26 feb Are there any snowHead out there with the lowdown on the snow/weather conditons for next weekend?I need to make my mind whether to pack my fatties or slightly less fatties wink According to the GFS data there could be a bit of new snow over next weekend?Heres hoping!!!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is Verbier. Fat skis only. Even for hard pack.

Major avalanche issues at the moment. Possibly some more snow (thus more risk) on the way.

Coverage 100% all the way to 1800m, below is getting a little sketchy due to warm weather.

Skiing above 2000m is fantastic.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got back this evening.
Parlor said it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor, rungsp, cheers fellas
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Back last night. It's pretty special at the moment. Snowed all weekend, sun came out yesterday. Fat skis, big grin. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Sparks, glad to hear it!

Fingers crossed that the temp keeps the snow line down on thursday...big dump/rain expected but where the snow/rain line is could be dodgy.

Were you Powder Extreming again, or just powder exremeing?

When are you there again? We'll be there mid march, easter and closing weekend.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rungsp,

I was putting the lessons from last month into practice. Those six days were the best thing ever to happen to my skiing. Had a stunning day in Bruson on Sunday, doing many of the lines I did with Felix. Yesterday mostly in Savolyeres which was fantastic. It warmed up later (i had to stop skiing at about 1330 to get to GVA) and I guess the avalanche risk went up with the temperature.

I'm being disloyal and going to Crans Montana for 8 days on the 10th (it's a girl thing) rolling eyes In Verbier again for easter and closing weekend so it looks like there's a chance we could split a pint at Johns.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Conditions still good today, as I sit in the Olympique restaurant with a plate of pasta in front of me, powder and sunshine awaiting me outside. Raining in town last night and this morning but snowline about 1800m I would guess. Mont Fort sector closed due to high winds so should be plenty of fresh snow to play in when the wind drops. Heavy snow forecast tomorrow and Friday so, avalanche risks notwithstanding, should be a great weekend.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I will go with a friend this Saturday for a week...... and I hope that can find Verbier in the best conditions Laughing Laughing Laughing I promise fotos of the next week "scuba diving".... snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steve Sparks,

Hi Steve,

I'm coming out to CM at the w/end and was wondering what conditions are like? Looking at the weather forecasts it may not be a very relevant question as it looks like a big storm on Sunday & Monday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Conditions very good today. Very warm, blue skies, Snow holding up well above 2200m, although if the current temps are maintained then things will deteriorate. Ski out to Medran dire yesterday, looked even worse today. Stay above Ruinettes and you will have a great time. Even found some untracked powder off Mont Fort today. Does seem to be a change in the weather due at the weekend, hopefully bringing some new snow and lower temps. Fingers crossed.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been very sunny and not a clowd in the sky since Sunday when i arrived, pistes are goog but the last few turns on the run back to the village are now muddy slush. Anything above 2000 m is great. Gets a bit choppy in the afternoon after a day of sun. It is more like the Med here rather than the alps. Great Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hey Folks, we enjoyed de past week there. Snow very good high up....

If you wants lots of photos and some videos look at the report that I'm doing for another forum (Sorry, is in catalan.....and very long to translate completely....also sorry.. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )

http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?foroid=495990&temaid=6263492

was my first time in Verbier, and surely, not the last, I was impresses by the area and the freeride terrain..... We had some amazing days, and I can't imagine if the snow is in good condition until Verbier...... It's the Heaven!!!

I have been in most of the important areas in the Alps and in the Pyrenees, and Verbier is now in the top 3!! Shocked Shocked I'll return....... Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlTom, wonderful pictures. You're right, it is an amazing place to ski. snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Conditions? Here's one of the wife skiing YESTERDAY (17/03/07)

snow report
parlor, where was that pic taken?
snow report
I think it is off the side of Savoleyres or in Vallon D'Arbi?

Just got back from Verbier for a weekend.

Snow is actually very good overall. The only problem is the last 150 metres of the run to Medran which is gone.

Hardly a single brown patch anywhere else on the mountain. Vallon D'Arbi was great.

More snow on its way this week...Easter looking good!
latest report
rungsp wrote:

Just got back from Verbier for a weekend.

Snow is actually very good overall. The only problem is the last 150 metres of the run to Medran which is gone.

Hardly a single brown patch anywhere else on the mountain.

The Medran piste was just below where I stayed. It was officially closed for the last section but that still did not stop people skiing it. Alternative route was round by the car park.

Savoleyres at the bottom also had bits where you needed to remove skis and walk.
ski holidays
a few pics from last week

ski holidays
rungsp, cheater!!!!

Yes, this photo was taken from Vallon d'Arbi, you can see the Bec d'Etagnes in the background. When I get round to it I'll post some photos from the other route rungsp mooted, Marlanaz, off to the side of the Savoleyres ski area.

It's snowed last night. Perfect timing, we stayed in the Cabane de Mont Fort and got first tracks at 0830 this morning before even the lift had opened. Sadly high winds did for most of the snow 10-20cm scattered all over the place, but skiers left of Lac de Veaux was windloaded and had a foot of fresh. FACE SHOTS!!!!!!!
latest report
Skiied Tortin 5 times yesterday morning, traversed as far right as possible, fantastic waist deep snow each time. I think the wind direction meant that the snow build up was much greater in that area and Lac des Vaux as when we skiied back down to Ruinettes there was far less in the Attelas sector. A lot more fell last night but visibility this morning is poor. A day at Bruson methinks
snow report
Twisted Evil photos to come... : snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
sH: snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Photos:

Jono, killing it, free heel:

Craig, floating:

SO MANY photos, so little storage... Happy days.
snow report
parlor, envious, I think I went a week too early - will now smash crystal balls Sad
snow report
looks lovely, classic spring skiing Wink
latest report
Just back from Nendaz this report is probably a little late to be of much use to anyone but here goes.

Conditions last week were very warm with a real spring feel to it. The lift to Tortin from Siviez which you need to access the Verbier skiing was broken for most of the week and rather overcrowded army vans were used as an alternative.

In general by following the sun you could keep on decent snow most of the day but lower slopes became soft fairly early. Needed to stay high and north facing the afternoon but cover was pretty good. I didnt really stray off piste other than the itinaires all week.
ski holidays
Just back from Verbier too...as T Bar said...hot and sunny every day for 10 days.
Coverage on Verbier side remains very good. Need to download from Ruinettes but above that (and even below, just not right down below Bar 1936) the pistes are still 100%.
Tortin etc etc still great.

We even found some untracked powder (yes...actual powder!) stashes in Highway.

All in all with 2 weeks left of the season if you are going then you will still have plenty to ski, no lift queues at all.

Lovely!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy