Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice sought: Montchavin ski instructor (or school)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi peoples,
Can anyone recommend a ski instructor in Montchavin?
Recommendations on ski schools also appreciated, but since even the best schools can have 1 or 2 not-so-great teachers i'd prefer to knowingly target specific persons.
Group or private lessons fine. I'm intermediate (need to master those reds, and start trying my luck on 1, ok maybe 2!, blacks!)
I only get 1 (extremely looked forward to) ski week a year (going 10-18 Mar.), so need to make the most of it.
All advice appreciated.
Thanks, suzanne
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
suziq wrote:
Hi peoples,
Can anyone recommend a ski instructor in Montchavin?
Recommendations on ski schools also appreciated, but since even the best schools can have 1 or 2 not-so-great teachers i'd prefer to knowingly target specific persons.
Group or private lessons fine. I'm intermediate (need to master those reds, and start trying my luck on 1, ok maybe 2!, blacks!)
I only get 1 (extremely looked forward to) ski week a year (going 10-18 Mar.), so need to make the most of it.
All advice appreciated.
Thanks, suzanne
By the way, English or French instruction are both fine.
suzanne
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We skied Montchavin Les Coches last year and had lessons with Evolution 2 - can't remember the names of all the instructors as we were a large group. Everyone was happy with the instructors and all progressed really well. Have a great trip, we really liked the resort although it did take a long time to get to some of the skiing over at La Plagne
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same here. Stayed in Montchavin last 2 years. Brillant place. Used various instructors, Bruno is Evolution 2 seemed very good this year. Apart from instructors, highly recommend the restaurant la Ferme De Caesar right across from the chair lift at the bottom of what is supposed to be the nursery slope but this year is more a nursery/mud slope.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well I cannot help you with instructor but can thoroughly recommend restaurant/bar called Le Sauget positioned by Pierre Blanche chairlift.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mouth, Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. No-one knows it's there, pretty hard to find. Don't want to let the riff-raff in wink

Agreed it is a lovely place though, I skied back from there in the dark twice last week having entered the place for a swift one when it was still light.

suziq, we were in Les Coches last week and used Evolution 2. Everyone in our chalet had been there before and Bruno seemed to be the favorite amongst everyone.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
suziq, couple of other mountain restaurants to go to / avoid.

The one at the top of the plan bois chairlift, crystal something although it may be spelt with a "K". Avoid like the plague, it's right next to the nursery button and has a captive audience, prices are much more expensive and the staff are rude !

Go past that one and keep skiing down to the Plein Soleil, good food, friendly staff. You would need to book for lunch, they do accept telephone reservations.

There is a brand new one right next to the Vanoise that's OK, nice place for a drink with great views down over the valley and Bourg.

The one at the top of the Pierre Blanche chair is self service and very busy if the sun is out, food is OK though. all freshly prepared. Huge outside terrace.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bladeskier wrote:

There is a brand new one right next to the Vanoise that's OK, nice place for a drink with great views down over the valley and Bourg.

Try the 'American Sandwich' there. A baguette buttered? with ketchup, mustart or mayonaise, filled with chips and a burger washed down with a stella. I can testify if you eat 5 in a week and ski hard you put no weight on, you just ski a little slower for a while after lunch. Blush Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
suziq, Hi Suzanne, I am the manager of New Generation Ski School in Peisey/Vallandry, very close to where you´ll be staying in Montchavin. we are a small team of British instructors offering private and group tuition. Have a look at www.skinewgen.com to find out more. i hope we´ll be able to help you! John
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi everybody,
Thanks for all the responses! Sorry i didnt react before, after the first few days of no responses I had kind of given up but am really glad to find all these msgs 1 week later Very Happy
In fact, I had decided in the end to book with Evolution2, and guess who I ended up with? none other than the apparent flave of the month, Bruno! (altho i guess there could be 2 Bruno's Confused !). Anyways, am happily reassured by your replies!
Only managed to get a couple sessions tho as they are pretty booked up so John I may indeedy be checking out New Generation!

Bar/resto tips duly noted!

All I need now is lots of snowfall!!!

Suzanne
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
John New Gen, Hi John. Just checking out the options of NewGen. Is there a possibility to do only 1 day of the clinic? Wednesday may be a problem for me (Am in Montchavin March 12-16, estimate my level to be 5). Looking for small group lesson that's why only really interested in clinic.
Thanks for info., Suzanne
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy