Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

no cheap flights to Geneva at end of March

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking into getting flights to Geneva at the end of March.
30/03/07 returning on the Monday 02/04/07 but can only seem to get fares of around £220 rtn with Easyjet.
I don't get it, the fares are even cheaper on Easter weekend (the one after).
AM I missing some important date here ????? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just a thought - have you looked at BA? I don't think they have a strike booked for then. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GordonFreeman, have you tried www.skyscanner.net and doing a search on there? Last look was £123 rtn for 30th March - 2nd April. Still pricey though Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GordonFreeman, the schools break up on 30th March.....so I guess you're battling parents/teachers & kids for the cheap flights.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Friday and Monday flights always seem to be expensive on ordinary weekends - I suppose people are taking longer weekends for Easter.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GordonFreeman, where have you decided to go for your weekend?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GordonFreeman - as you're in London you could try Swiss. Travelling via Zurich always seems to offer a bargain.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro
Probably one of the resorts near Geneva as they are easiest to get to and I can pick one depending on the snow conditions.
Hopefully, this will be okay at end of March/first few days in April.
porte du soleil, grand massiv, etc.
Engelberg is still an option or maybe Saas Fee but the travel time is more. AT least in Geneva, it's within 1-2 hours of the airport.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
S33t, b0^^^cks, computer crashed in the middle of composing.

GordonFreeman, well you've spotted the flaw in the great media scam of getting away last minute. There are NO last minute cheap deals to Geneva during the ski season EVER! If you don't get in early, you're stuffed. Now if you can cast your net wider then you can fly Liverpool to Grenoble for £35 return depart Saturday return Tuesday. Sadly it's with Ryanair so don't expect to take any ski gear with you. Or you could try Coventry to Lyon. Last year managed to get a flight for £115. Not especially cheap but better then DifficultJet.

You could be a devil and try driving. London to Chamonix in 8-9hrs if you clog it and get licky with the flics! Have fun, jealous coz my season's over. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
GordonFreeman, well you've spotted the flaw in the great media scam of getting away last minute. There are NO last minute cheap deals to Geneva during the ski season EVER!

Sorry don't agree.

Got flying out Wednesday 21st March @ 1.50pm and flying back Sunday 25th March 10.40 i.e. 3 full days on the slopes for £80 each from Bristol to Geneva. Not bad in my book and booked 3 days ago.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gwaelod, I think you're right in the sense that it's location, location, location. PhillipStanton mentioned Swiss to Zurich from London. I'm flying from Manchester to Zurich on Swiss, and there were no bargains to be had on that route last-minute. But in general, if you're willing/able to fly at stupid o'clock, or cut into a whole day (e.g. you're flying home early on a Sunday, which isn't going to be an obvious choice for many weekenders) you can pick up much cheaper flights. It isn't just a case of having to book well in advance.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
swiss london city to geneva was coming up at abvout £120 last night iirc although can't remeber exact dates? Worth a look definately.

aj xx
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Quote:
GordonFreeman, well you've spotted the flaw in the great media scam of getting away last minute. There are NO last minute cheap deals to Geneva during the ski season EVER!

Sorry don't agree

I don't agree either, but don't expect a cheap Friday - Monday most weekends, and especially near Easter. 20 - 27th March, £56 return including all taxes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Easter is in April this year isn't it ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2007&country=9
ski holidays
GordonFreeman, try easyjet Luton (or Stansted) to basel - much better prices for that week (about £125). Lots of good resorts within easy reach of Basel
snow report
GordonFreeman, oh and btw, the week you're lookking at is the 1st week of the Easter hols
snow report
Well, I guess 24th March to end of Easter is not a good time at all !?
Problem is APril might be a bit too late especially with the way the snow is this season ...around Geneva anyway ?
snow conditions
GordonFreeman, Why? Snow about normal above 1,800m making Chamonix, Avoriaz, etc. good bets...
snow conditions
Asking when Easter is may sound like a daft question, but just check out next year.... Good Friday is around the 21st March. Also, most schools are off from 30/31 March, as is 1/3 of France, just to screw up any cheapy prices for hotels etc.. Laughing
ski holidays
Try the Thomas Cook airline web site
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy