Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One for Corbet's fans... (Arno, this means you)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=52303
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd probably bottle it Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno wrote:
I'd probably bottle it Embarassed

If you could bottle it and sell it, there's lots of people who would buy it!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat, there are some great stories on those pages from Bob Peters. In fact, they've pretty much dominated my day, so far rolling eyes Looks and sounds terrifying! Have you skied it?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my bruv did it. he reckons the north face of the grande balme in tignes or pisteurs in val d are worse.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
goaty, by all accounts it's the size of the drop in, rather than the chute itself?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been there, seen it, looked at it, decided it was not for me. After the first 20-30 feet it is very do-able. The thing is, the first 20-30 feet are pretty much vertical or more i.e. you're in virtual free fall and there's a rock base that gets exposed. I was there for 10 days and only saw one person actually try it and that is in a resort where there are a lot of good skiers. That person fell but managed to stop in a surprisingly short space. Serious kahunas.

In the right conditions . . . it would still take significant kahunas.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nickski, you just need the right person egging you on. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in JH till yesterday. I stood behind what looked to be about a 9 year old kid with his dad in a lift-line. He had just fallen over on an easy run. He was saying to his dad that he was "a kid who skied Corbet's but fell over in the liftline"...

I haven't done it yet, but will do one day, and will use some skis with decent edges to make that first turn/stop.

The difficult bit, in a bad snow year, is as Nickski says, the jump in and the first turn. After that it is a pretty nice steep pitch of powder into ten-sleep bowl, and really no steeper than Expert chutes or Tower 3 chutes, and probably easier than Alta 0 (which I would never ever dream of doing)or Alta 1. If you want to give it a go, do one of JH ski schools "steep and deep" camps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
First 3-4 mtrs and it will be ok. Haven't seen it for real but I'm sure I''ve been in plenty of worse places.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did it many years ago but IMO cannot see what the big deal is. Once your of the top one or two turns its over.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
laughed at the trailer with the guy who said if your going to get in trouble then get in trouble, might as well use all your fun tickets at once!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy