Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Attraction 5's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody tried these? They were recommended to me while in Courchevel recently, and I hired a pair for one day.

First impressions were not good. While I appreciate that ladies skis are good for me, given my size and light weight, I do not like skis to be clad in flowers, and am even less impressed when manufacturers feel the need to put a mirror on the front, presumably to check my make-up.

I thought they were a triumph of styling over function. Now on my own skis (Volkl) I can carve a double knife line pretty well. On these I had trouble even doing a hockey stop.

When I tried to be subtle in applying edge, they just skidded. When I was more forceful, you got an edge to start with, but they would break away unpredictably and not always at the same point in the turn, leading to several interesting moments...! My impression was that the skis were twisting, and they seemed to twist quite easily when you tried to do this by hand.

So, not impressed, I'm afraid. Back on my Volkls, I was much happier, much easier to initiate a turn, and to hold an edge on a long carve, and no upredictable breakaways.

Maybe it is me, but I've been able to carve quite acceptably on my Volkls and another pair of hire skis (Dynamic). And a mirror??? Yuk!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy