Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking of Easter trip - am I mad?

Poster: A snowHead
Long story but planning a ski trip during week leading up to Easter - first week in April.

Les Arcs likely destination

Am I mad?
Chances of snow being there?

Sure I'll have a good time regardless - lets face it I did go over Christmas!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No madder than me. Last couple of years have been fine in Les Arcs at Easter. If it's disastrously warm you could always drive up to Tignes and try the glacier (along with everyone else in the Tarentaise!).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always go at Easter and have never been disappointed.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boris, Why would you be mad?

Easter's usually lovely.

Same chance of snow being there as anywhere...or not...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do it, but head high... Les Arcs sounds good...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, the "am I mad" question, didn't relate to skiing as such. I just wanted to know!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris, Easter is one of the best times to ski. Unfortunately that week is likely to be a bit mad with the hols - but you are deffo NOT mad to go then. After all - the EOSB is the last week of April. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boris, Yes, stay away from Cham', it sucks around then! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skied the last day of April 2005 at Les Arcs. Snow was good down to 2000m.

snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like Easter, as long as you're above 1800m it's usually good cover.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We were going to go - but have decided to do disneyland Paris instead - so it will probably snow like mad rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, Time will tell. How soon do you need to book ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stevo

We have just got back from DisneyLand Paris for our half term break. No skiing for us this season unfortunately.

Interested in this thread as thinking of Easter 2008.

Ellie Razz
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boris, we've skied in Val Thorens for the second week of Easter for the last few years - always had a great time, complete snow coverage down to about 2300m, bit slushy in the afternoon but links across the 3V's all open. Feel I ought to branch out and try somewhere else...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Easter is usually great for skiing (if a little warm in all your gear once finished). But this year could be a poor one.
ski holidays
Another vote for Easter. I've skied most Easters for the past 15 years. Typically conditions are better than January - assuming you go reasonable high. In Europe, then obviously in low resorts (under ~1300m), there isn't going to be much snow left, but skiing is perfectly possible even into mid-May if you go the right places (despite what the tour operator's brochures would have you believe).
snow report
Forgot to add, I'm going to Passo Tonale that same week!
snow conditions
Quote:

But this year could be a poor one.

Yes it could, certainly will be without major new snow in March. But just think about last March - meters of the stuff.
snow conditions
We're thinking of going somewhere last week of March/first week in April - maybe Livigno - I assume it should be ok as well
snow conditions
Quote:

We're thinking of going somewhere last week of March/first week in April - maybe Livigno - I assume it should be ok as well

not if March is warm and sunny with no snow it won't be, it'll be rubbish, and so will many other places. If anyone knows what the weather's going to do in March they aren't telling me! If I was booking a ski holiday now I wouldn't. I'd wait. As it is, we shall be out in the Alps until mid April and if there's no snow we'll go walking.
snow conditions
Latchigo, We're going to leave it as late as possible and either go the week before or week after Easter. If its looking reasonable the weekend before will try and book then, appreciate that we run the risk of not finding anywhere then but will take the risk. As this will be our 2nd trip, we had a good trip over Xmas, I'd rather save my money if it looks poor.
latest report
You won't have any trouble finding accomodation at all I would say..
snow report
going to Val d'isere at Easter. Stuck with either Christmas or Easter now cause of kids at uni. Went to Andorra once at Easter and it was 18 degrees in resort! Still possible to ski but very slushy and by the end of the week grass was coming through. Hoping going high will help.
snow report
Been out to 3V at easter last couple of years and have had fresh snow each time...will be out there this year too. Generally nice mixed weather, nice atmosphere and a good way to end the Winter as opposed to sitting in rainy old Britain - until you come back of course! Very Happy
snow conditions
just to add in my two pence worth - Chatel and the Portes du Soleil have had fantastic conditions in April for at least the last 6 years (while I've been living here) and on the sporadic times I visited before that. The lifts usually shut at the end of April/first weekend in May with a lot of snow on the ground!

Since Avoriaz officially gets the most snow on average in the alps per year (I think its 9-10 m), and Chatel is only a few km from Avoriaz as the crow flies with the same north facing slopes, I think it becomes less important about the whole "go high" rhetoric which is so important in the Southern Alps...

I need to remember where I found the average annual snowfall figures - I seem to remember that little old Chatel itself gets more snow than Tignes year on year.

Here's hoping that the snow forecast for this weekend materialises.
ski holidays
i got married in serre che last year in 2ft of pow on april 1st!

april is great to ride in.
snow conditions
We've been away the first week or two in April for the past 4 years & it's been great. Maybe we've just been lucky but we've had a fantastic mix of snowy days & sunny days each year!

Who knows what will happen this year - we're off to Saas-Fee in early April & I'm pretty confident that conditions will be OK.

Hope I don't regret saying that!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy