Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Real cost of tuning gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is snowsport scotlands list of tuning gear available to registered instructors only. But I just wanted you to know the more realistic prices this stuff could be available for. And this is decent Kunzmann stuff too.

Just off to the garage to knock up an 87° edge hone. To combine with my 2.99 Lidl diamond stones :-)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
visionset, if it's a price list only for instructors, then how do we get those prices?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, Well you don't, but if you manage to wangle it, PM me to back scratch wink I just wanted to highlight the differential. Okay there won't be deal of mark up there but those prices are more like the real EU prices.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
visionset, so, what you're doing is publishing spyderjon's cost price, effectively?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
visionset, If you get the chance, please would you publish the wholesale prices that Lidl, Asda, Sainsburys, Tescos etc pay. I would like to see if I could get my food cheaper by cutting out the middle man Laughing

SpyderJon's retail prices are quite reasonable actually - certainly far less the Slush and Rubble et al. Even I, tightwad Pikey Pete, was happy to buy a brush and some NotWax from Jon. Sure he made a fiver, but I saved money too compared with what I'd pay elsewhere. So I'm happy, Jon's happy, and so on. Of course, I could fake my credentials as an instructor and get the things a bit cheaper - but that's naughty, even for a Pikey like me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
petemillis, I wasn't targeting anyone in particular, it was more a comment on rip off Britain. I haven't a clue what SJ charges.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
visionset, you should have read the offer conditions at the bottom of the seperate order form as that offer was for clearance items & the offer ended on the 29th FEBRUARY 2004 rolling eyes

visionset wrote:
......those prices are more like the real EU prices.

I have regular customer's in France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Denmark, Spain, Austria & Switzerland who would disagree with you otherwise why would they buy from me in the UK with the added carriage charges?

visionset wrote:
Just off to the garage to knock up an 87° edge hone.

At least you're setting your side edges to the correct angle wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd rather pay more from spyderjon and know there was always someone on the end of the phone that could back the products up with all the tecnical advice required. To many people that service alone is worth double those old prices.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kiwi1, Hey - can I be Kiwi2 as I'm a NZ born n bred? I'd say that the advice can be handy but unless you have a fairly good grasp on what you are doing then leave the skis alone.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy