Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two Slovenians first in world to ski highest peaks on all continents

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Slovenian skier Davo Karnièar and cameraman Franc Oderlap have become the first people in the world to successfully ski down the highest peaks on all seven continents. Karnièar began his quest in October 2000 with the first uninterrupted descent, without removing his skis, from the summit of Everest. ...Six years on he has just skied down Mt Vincent, the highest peak in Antarctica.

In between, he has skied down Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa; Elbrus, the highest in Europe; Aconcagua in South America; Mt Kosciuszko in Australia; and Denali, in North America.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Impressive stuff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well done boys. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
****nerd alert****
i thought the cartensz pyramid was the highest in Oceania
doubt it has snow on it though
and isn't it Vinson, not Vincent, in Antarctica?

carry on
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
His web site: http://www.davokarnicar.com/
And another article: http://www.uvi.si/eng/slovenia/publications/slovenia-news/4086/4105/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking at the photos I don't know How he skied down Everest and he was skiing rock on Kilimanjaro, I hope he had hire skis!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Ross, It would probably be possible to ski down from the top of Kilimanjaro even without snow. Most of the surface higher up (from about 5895 down to 4500) is a soft volcanic schree. I climbed it in September. We were taught schree-running technique for getting down it quickly, but I also had fun doing a skidded ski turn (in just my boots). Probably wouldn't do the bases any good with skis. Once you get down below about 4000m though there's know way you could ski on the bits of the slope that I saw. I think he cheats in some of his photos where there is snow in them, as it's the glacier slabs in the background (note you can't actually ever see his feet on the snow).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kamikaze, I agree with you, I have been to most of the places which have been mentioned and was wondering the same thing. Guess as long as he had his skis on some of the time it counts. Just climbing in those places is very hard so he must be very good. The altitude was the hardest thing i found to deal with.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm glad they've not fallen for the French propaganda that Mont Blanc is the highest peak in Europe. However, I shall continue to refer to "Denali" as Mt McKinley.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy