Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resorts in Canada - where would you go and why?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like it's my turn to organise next years ski holiday to Canada. I've been to whistler before (in the summer) and liked the feel of the place and am aware of the amazing skiing, apres ski, nightlife etc.

So, apart from whistler, where would you recommend for a mixed ability group (probably about 14 of us) to ski in Canada? Is there anywhere else that's as good as Whistler, but a bit more affordable. The group went to Banff 2 seasons ago, so that's off the list.

Either that, or i could look at the American rockies.

Cheers for any info.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vail? I know it's in America, but I don't think there's another Canadian resort as big as Whistler.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whistler is head-and-shoulders above most every resort in North America.

Anything else will always be inferior.

Aspen and Jackson Hole are the only two that can match it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm told that Sun Peaks (45 mins North of Kamloops) is getting bigger and bigger. Currently it's 2nd biggest in BC and 3rd biggest in Canada.
Having said that I've never actually been to Sun Peaks.

My Canadian Friends all rave about Sunshine Village and Fernie.

Kicking horse is relatively new but also get very good reports from Canadians.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Assuming you're going for two weeks, you could go inland a bit and do a trip combining 2 (or more) of the Okanagan resorts. Individually not Whistler sized (but not Whistler prices either, and the climates better - much less likely to rain) - but add them together and you're getting a lot of terrain to ski. Big White and Silver Star are both only about an hour from Kelowna airport (and under the same ownership, so there are potential savings on liftpasses), Sun Peaks is a bit further north.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Besides the skiing at 4 different ski areas the Okanagan valley is home to several wineries and Apex outside of Pinticton is renown for thier black diamond runs.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colorado Very Happy

In fact in 31 days I'll be half way there Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fernie. Next question?

or

ROAD TRIP!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from 16 days in Canada hiring a car and going where we fancied, we spent a few days at Lake Louise, Kicking Horse, Fernie and Kimberley, all great resorts for different reasons. Although, it was the second time we have been to Fernie and the second time we have skied on ice. It is quite low, and on the first day had quite a considerable thaw which didn't make nice skiing and then froze ovenight which was not nice either. We have decided that we will always do DIY trips to Canada and will only go back to Fernie if the have just had a good storm go through.

Big White, Silver Star and Sun Peaks are a good combination we have be there twice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy