Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

info on Lech Austria please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any advice or comments on what it's like
sharon and I are thinking of a week there in MArch.
What's it like for early intermediates (blues and greens ok and easier reds)
What is the ski school like?
Whats the place like for food and bars?
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's it like for early intermediates (blues and greens ok and easier reds) >>> Excellent
What is the ski school like? >>> Excellent
Whats the place like for food and bars? >>> Mostly Hotel Restaurants of excelent quality.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton, sounds good.
how easy is it to get to ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lech is one of the highest-quality resorts in the Alps.

Good restaurants. Pretty town. Upscale vibe.

Lech is particularly good because it gets you onto the amazing slopes at St Anton, without having to mingle with its pikey clientelle.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:
Lech is particularly good because it gets you onto the amazing slopes at St Anton, without having to mingle with its pikey clientelle.

The word "Pikey" can be interpreted many different ways, will you please expand on what you mean by "pikey"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikey
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to Lech in the summer, so I don't know what the skiing is like but if it's as good as the summer set up it will be great.

Hotels are all 4 and 5 star and people are very friendly and helpfull. I would like to try a ski trip there soon, looks good !
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob and sharon,
I'd echo most of what stanton says. Plenty of gentle skiing with an excellent snow record and usually fairly crowd free slopes so very good for early intermediates. I've not used the ski school for myself but the children enjoyed it when we were there. Eating out can be a bit pricey as the restaurants are not cheap compared with the Austrian norm. Half board is a pretty good option for value.

Getting there is not to difficult. The nearest railway station is Langen from where postbusses meet the trains There are weekend busses for m Zurich airport. if you rent a car to get there it is not likely to be used much whislt you are there as the free bus service within the Lech/Zurs area is pretty good.

Nearest airports are I think Innsbruck, Friedrichshafen, Zurich and Munich.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob and sharon wrote:
Anyone got any advice or comments on what it's like
sharon and I are thinking of a week there in MArch.
What's it like for early intermediates (blues and greens ok and easier reds)

Perfect! Spent 2 days there, as an alternate from St. Anton as had some weaker boarders and thought it would be easier. Four a couple of hours one afternoon blasted on my own round the whole sector above Lech and Oberlech - Piste 34 and it's variants will become your friends. Plenty of lifts you go up, can look down on the piste and then choose Red or blue down.. 35 under the Rotschofen for example..Reds down from the top are very do-able after a couple of days warmup.

rob and sharon wrote:

What is the ski school like?
No idea didn't use it

rob and sharon wrote:

Whats the place like for food and bars?
Thanks

Good. Like the restaturant (and terrace) on the main blue above the town. Good gluhwein on the way home.

Whole place is not that cheap as it's a bit the Courchevel of Austria - hotels having Maybachs as their courtesy cars at the top end for example, but OTOH its very pretty and got great skiing for your level, and makes a change from soul-less purpose built french resorts..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks to all for the comments and advice. Looks like we might be on a winner . Will let people know what it was like.

Any advice on getting there, as to which airport is best ?
thanks again
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob and sharon,

Innsbruck
Friedrichshafen
Munich

http://www.rac.co.uk/web/routeplanner/?advanced=true&fromcity=&tocity=
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just a quick note to all, give rob and sharon the brutal truth as they've won this trip free in a competion. Toofy Grin

Lucky bar stewards like that need to hear the downsides as well as the upsides.

Me, jealous?? Absolutely!

Have a great time when you get there snowHead snowHead

Jon.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Doss, a warm welcome to Snowheads - just spotted that this was your first post.

jon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy