Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Easter 2008

Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of booking for next year and fancy a blow out in Canada.

What is the best way of doing Whistler with a family? Not over bothered about cost, but would like flights from Manchester ideally.

Any suggestions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Matthew Way,

Try Ski Independence. They have a variety of options including both hotels and condos. I've always found them pretty good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inghams use either BA from heathrow or ZOOM AIRWAYS direct from MAN. WE have used Inghams for 3 years now to Whistler....been superb every time. Can reccomend the BLACKCOMB LODGE....its slap bang in middle of everything and a one min walk to the lifts!!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Matthew Way, for a family, the cheapest way at Easter for us was to book our flights and accommodation separately. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment with private hot tub at Glaciers Reach from www.alluradirect.com, and our flights with BA. Ski Imdpendence were helpful, but couldn't match the price we obtained ourself. If your interested, the property was ref no 20 , and was ground floor, just opposite the ski bus stop. The area is quiet at night (Village North) but only a short walk to restaurants and the supermarket is just opposite. Allura also offer discounts on ski passes, ski hire and ski school.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice.

Is Chateaux Whistler worth the money?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Use Inghams 'early bird' brochure for some really good bargains...comes out about late feb. It pays to book early, we always save loads and you get all the choice and availability. And no i dont work for Inghams......just had good service and great times in Whistler with them!! Think they do Chateaux Whistler too!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Inghams 'Early Bird' came out before Christmas! I think the prices are normally valid until about the beg of April?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Matthew Way, we stayed at the Chateau for our honeymoon but now with a 3 year old in tow I much prefer being in an apartment. We use Allura Direct as well. The way to do it is to find a bunch of properties that you like the look of and send them all e-mails saying when you'd be looking to go and for how long and what kind of deal they could offer you. They might come back with a better deal than advertised.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geetee, that was what we found too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you want to avoid cooking then I can highly recommend the Cedar Springs Lodge. Joern and Jackie will really look after you and as they have two small boys are well used to having children around. more info in my trip report

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=290965
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Chateau has very impressive public spaces but I am told (I have never stayed there) that the rooms are a bit small for what you pay.

When we were there recently someone who had stayed there and the Westin told me that she preferred the Westin, which has the added benefit of being more or less at the gondola station. The Chateau is very handy for the lifts to Blackcomb but not Whistler. The Westin is handy for both the Whistler and Blackcomb gondolas. The Westin is also pretty pricey. Another right at the bottom of Whistler mountain is the Pan Pacific.

Like others though I go self catering through Allura. (By self catering I mean with a kitchen so you can get your own breakfast and have snacks, we dont actually do any cooking ! Eating out in Canada, in my view, is pretty inexpensive and there are loads of good restaurants in Whistler)

An hybrid between an hotel and a condo is the Delta Village Suites which has the benefits of an hotel ie pool, hot tub, some gym facilities, maid service with accomodations which are 1 or 2 bedroom apartments with kitchens and possibly more relevant a washing machine/tumble dryer. We stayed there a couple of times and had no complaints at all.......but that is more expensive than going via Allura.

What you get in the hotels I mentioned is proximity to the lifts in the morning ie a few steps away. The Delta Suites are a bit further away (a 5-10 minute walk) and the self catering stuff is the same or further

This link will show you the main hotels etc

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/accommodation/map/whistlervillage/index.htm

This one shows you Village North where a lot of the self catering stuff is

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/accommodation/map/villagenorth/index.htm
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As a ps to my earlier post this shows the Upper Village accomodations.....as you will see the Chateau is very handy for the Wizard Express but be aware that accesses Blackcomb only. To get onto Whistler you have to ski/bus down to the main village. I think the kids ski school meeting point is at the Whistler base so if your kids are going to ski school you may want to bear that in mind.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/accommodation/map/uppervillage/index.htm
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don't forget that the si bus service is regular and free, so nowhere is really inconvenient.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, yes I agree, the bus service is excellent. Robbie snowHead converted us last season and now we always get the bus.

We also use the storage hut beside the Excalibur Gondola and store our skis there overnight. Makes life easier in the morning. Then it's usually a quick hop onto the Fitzimmons Chair and off we go. Smile

340 sleeps to go until we go back.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Matthew Way, i'd take a look at www.tripadvisor.com reports on Chateau Whistler - sounds like there are better hotels out there, and for not as steep a price - Pan Pacific Whistler Village I remember from when i was there - looked a great hotel and very convenient to everything - we stayed in the Pinnacle which was fine - not razzamataz but very pleasant
ski holidays
What's the snow like in Whistler at Easter? I've been put off by reports (from Canadians) that it's not up to much at that time; is that just the Canadians being fussy (as they can afford to be)?
ski holidays
richmond, last Easter we had fantastic conditions. There had been some spring skiing in the 2 to 3 weeks before that but then it started snowing the Thursday before Easter and everything was refreshed.

This was Whistler Village on Friday 14th April 2006

I've been a few times at Easter now and there's always been plenty of snow higher up. You don't always get to ski to the village at this time of year but it doesn't bother me to either download from midstation or the top.
snow report
Last time I went I booked the flights and accomodation seperately. I contacted various hotels and asked for quotes. The Holiday Inn gave us deluxe apartments for the price of standard as we were staying for 11 nights - only a couple of minutes walk to the lifts.
ski holidays
Matthew Way, if you stay elsewhere, for a treat, book for Easter Sunday brunch at the Chateau, it was fan-bloody-tastic!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy