Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking at the Pas De La Casa Webcams this morning...

Poster: A snowHead
Please tell me I'm seeing things....but is it raining there this morning ??

Can anyone in-resort clarify this for me ??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dazman, I would guess by the temperatures that it may be the case. Andorra has not had a good season so far Sad

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sage,

I booked the holiday in September last year on account of me getting married in December....I shouldn't have bothered, I should've just booked something 2-3 weeks before we head out (25th Feb) and headed towards the resorts with the best conditions. All I've seemed to do is worry about the temps and snow and it's doing my head in....I was in Pas this time last year and the pistes were nigh on excellent. (Pow-a-plenty, ALL the resort connecting runs open & off-piste untracked...you get the picture??)...so all in all we were spoiled.

I shan't be booking so far in advance next season....I can't be doing with the daily ritual of checking all the snowsites and hearing myself grumble "Ah jaysus, the temperature is in the pluses for the next week....ahh b***ix it's to be clear for the next week...etc" everyone reading this I'm sure can relate to this...next year it'll be log on, check the snow, find the biggest dump down, pick a hotel/holiday package, book it and go.

End of.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dazman, You have done the same a many other people. Andorra has had fantastic conditions for the last three years, this year though, has been terrible. They have only kept the runs open due to their high investment in snow making. I was due to go to Soldeu (which has the worst conditions out of all the Andorran resorts) this week but cancelled out. Only the flights were paid for so I didn't loose too much.

Thinks can change quickly with the weather, you still have 2 weeks to go, so not all doom and gloom yet.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sage, I ve just come back from Soldeu and we had excellent conditions - best day of the season so far on Saturday morning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe, It was more the lack of terrain that was bothering me, with the website saying only 1 red run open and the rest blues and greens. I'm going to Mayrhofen and Morzine in the next two months, so they should help with the disappointment of not going to Andorra.

snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sage, it was a bit basic but the reds that were open were really quiet. The snow on saturday morning and sunday morning will have helped alot.

I notice smudger hasnt posted since he got there - I take it he is skiing !! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smokin Joe,

Can you tell me if it's looking like the runs linking the resorts together may open ??...I know they've been closed all season but with recent downfalls things hopefully may have changed ??? (fingers crossed eh?)

Last year the ability to kick off in Pas and not stop to till you hit the back bottom end of El Tarter was amazing.....it has everything, wide piste cruising, steep reds, gnarly blacks and of course the obiligatory tree lined run....I hope to the Blessed Elvis that it's open by the time we hit there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone have any ideas why according to the ski andorra tourism website they are reporting that the number of runs open have dropped?? Cant work out why this has dropped as there has been new snow recently?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davealsolh, I beginning to think that the Andorran Tourism Dept don't seem to think that the internet is that important and therefore don't seem to put an emphasis on updating the info.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davealsolh, I always check this site. Seems more up to date.

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't worry guys. I was in Soldeu last week and the red runs that were closed in Soldeu and El Tarter had about 20 - 30cm of powder on. It made for great Off piste skiing on pistes that were closed. I had a great time (thats coming from me who is used to reds and blacks in Tignes)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dazman, I can only confirm what K2 Apache, has already said. Last wek the runs were not pisted but it was excellent on saturday morning for off piste on the runs. Deep powder everywhere. I reckon they'lll be open after the next snowfall. However, the wind was very strong on Saturday and it may have blown all the snow off the runs.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smokin Joe, Looking at the webcams on the www.grandvalira.com + www.andorramania.com + www.el-viking.com sites it's appears that a lot of snow that was there yesterday has shifted considerably....it could as you've said been blown away or even worse....melted.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dazman, It was saying on grandvalira that the snow condition was "wet", the sun today also wouldn't have helped.

snowHead
snow report
Sage, And according to all the weather sites.....it's a f**king heatwave there this week.

I'm strongly thinking of taking the wallop and cancelling the whole holiday and heading to France....I'm gonna lose the bones of 2K, but at this stage I couldn't give a f**k.
snow conditions
Quote:

I'm strongly thinking of taking the wallop and cancelling the whole holiday and heading to France....I'm gonna lose the bones of 2K, but at this stage I couldn't give a f**k.

Sad That's bad news - Andorra seems to be suffering from the warm wind that Brian was talking about in another thread.

snowHead
latest report
With two kids in tow, I haven't the luxury of cancelling.
We're going saturday to Font Romeu area - Catalans Neige - 20kms or so from Andorra. Chosen because its not as busy during 1/2 term week.

Accom / flights / car hire booked, paid for (flights back in August!) and anticipated....

Resort info looks ok - not good, but ok, with some slopes open. Guess they want to paint a reasonably rosy picture.

Any advice on where to ski (and where not to ski) (Andorra / Neige Catalans) will be gladly accepted. Don't mind driving - Andorra from where we are is about 1/2h.

Getting a bit despondant now rolling eyes
snow report
shockingmoment, I feel your pain Brother....I'd be pretty sure that Pas would be higher than Neige Catalans and it's the first resort you meet when you cross the Andorran border, so if you're trying to improve a bad situation slightly I'd say head there....mind you it'll probablly be fierce busy.

...it's get the rosary beads out time.
ski holidays
shockingmoment.

We have just returned from a weeks skiing in Les Angles which is about 6 miles from Font Romeu. We skied predominantly at Les Angles but we also had a day at Font Romeu, after all the doom and gloom of studying every available weather report prior to our trip, I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the pistes both in Les Angles and Font Romeu.

We had an excellent week's skiing and although it's true a lot of the pistes were closed there were still enough open to have a good time and improve our skiing. One 'benefit' of the warmer weather was that both my children and my wife never once complained of being cold!!

If I were you I would head for Les Angles as it has more to offer than Font Romeu and has better snow making facillities. Both resorts deserve a pat on the back as they have done outstanding jobs maintaining ski resorts during the worst season in living memory for snowfall.

....However, you may be in luck, it looks like you may be in for some very heavy snow. I am sure you'll have a great time.
latest report
spencer7007, Many thanks for the update - just the news I wanted to hear. I glad you had a good time and the Pisteurs did a good job for you.

I suppose everyone gets a bit carried away when the snow isn't as good as we've come to expect, particularly so far in to the season, and particularly considering the cost of a ski holiday!

Frequency of visits to weather forecasting websites increases exponentially to the time remaining before we go! Particularly if one site says poor snow - this triggers visits to other sites looking for a better report.

Anyway - the time is nigh. We leave tomorrow am. Heavy heavy snow is forecast for tomorrow afternoon and sunday in the Pyrenees area, followed by sunshine then light snow. What more do we want?

Ullr has come to my rescue, so here's hoping for a great holiday for all the 1/2 termers!

btw - did you venture to any of the other resorts in the area - Formigueres, Puigmal. Is it worth getting a Neiges Catalanes 6 day pass?
ski holidays
Well; the conditions could change this weekend. With heavy snow predicted in eastern Pyrenees!!
ski holidays
shockingmoment,

Yes we visited Formigueres for a day although I didn’t venture off of the green as I was helping my five year old daughter find her ski legs. However, my wife did some other runs and seemed to like them. Again, it seemed to be in remarkable condition considering the lack of snow and was very quiet, great for building the confidence of novice skiers. I would definitely get the Neiges Catalanes pass as all the resorts are within 20 - 25 mins of each other, it will give you a chance to explore the region and enjoy what is a very overlooked/underestimated part of the skiing world. Last week was our second visit to Les Angles and it won't be our last, it is perfect for families.

If you go to Les Angles ski the red run known locally as 'the wall' it's brilliant and the black runs at Font Romeu are great fun too. (I'm beginning to feel a bit jealous now)
snow conditions
I'm "local" of this resort...I recomend to get the Neiges catalanes Pass. For a week is the best choice.
ski holidays
shockingmoment;

I hope you have good holidays!! With snow on the way
snow report
Thanks all. I hope so too. Spence - good to hear you'll consider going back. Thats the reason we chose it - hopefully not as manic as the Alps generally are this time of year. Here's hoping!

Metalhead - thanks for the updates over the last couple of weeks. Some have been a bit, erm, optimistic, at times - but its come together.

Watch out for me. I'll be the one with the black salopettes skiing.
snow report
shockingmoment wrote:
I'll be the one with the black salopettes skiing.

Along with the other 25,000 who have black salopettes ! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Oh no no no no - I've asked for the pistes to be cleared (of people) for the week I'm there, so there'll only be me.

Plus, I've also asked for snow to be lifted in to cover any patches that may be showing. Like they did in Austria.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shockingmoment, if the snow does come in, then Puigmal is definitely worth a visit. Very different to other resorts in the area: longer runs, steeper slopes.
ski holidays
rainman wrote:
shockingmoment, if the snow does come in, then Puigmal is definitely worth a visit. Very different to other resorts in the area: longer runs, steeper slopes.

Thanks for that. I liked the look of Puigmal.

We're away now.

Have a great time
ski holidays
Don't tell anyone but it is snowing this morning(Sat).
snow report
lets hope that the forecast is correct (heavy snow all weekend) i am travlling on the 4th march and staying is pas!!! hopefully it will be ok for then!!!! fingers crossed!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy