Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken Leg

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from Zell am See where I managed to break my leg.
(2nd day of a 12 day trip)
Hospital in Zell was v.good . one and a half hours from the time I went in ,( Doctor,X-ray, Doctor,plaster ,) out
But no more skiing this season. Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doh! No doubt you were tackling the blackest of blacks while trying to out-run a mega-avalanche at the same time as trying to get to the bottom of the mountain to save a baby from the path of a speeding locomotive?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Byron Gates, bummer.

Once you get past the rest-with-injury-above-the-hip stage, I hope you get advice from a good physiotherapist. Hope you are skiing again next season. The very best of luck to you.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Byron Gates, If you tell us you were dicking about on a sledge we're not going to be sympathetic . . . Twisted Evil

But sorry you got hurt and I hope it heals quickly and well. When you get the time and less down Sad I'm sure we'd all like to hear more on how well the recovery services worked and what was needed . . . morbid, moi?
Just useful info for possible future reference Confused
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Byron Gates, very bad luck, especially so early in your holiday. Hope you are soon on the road to recovery.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks.
I was insured by "Fortis" through the SCGB...One phone call to them and they sorted it all out.
Ambulance from Zell to Salzburg airport with 2 paramedics. Three seats on the plane to keep my leg up (D.V.T.) then ambulance from Bournemouth airport to South Wales again with 2 paramedics.

I would have liked to stay for 6 weeks till the plaster cast came off, but the insurance company said it was to much of a risk and I had to come home.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Byron Gates, bad luck Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Byron Gates, hard luck, hope it knits together again quickly. You still haven't told us how you did it... wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Byron Gates, unlucky. However, I agree with you about Zell hospital....they are very good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Byron Gates, Bad luck Sad hope you recover soon.

snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Byron Gates, The only risk the insurance company was worried about was to their bottom line Evil or Very Mad Three seats to Bournemouth and then it's an NHS problem is better value than you improving your Austrian Deutsch.

No mention of the nursing qualities . . . thought I doubt they be as elfin, petite and wistfully desirable as French ones Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No mention either of how it happened. My money is on a nasty post apres (or apres post) incident.

Hard luck, BTW, Byron Gates.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B, Thanks, with your party of 80 school kids you must have spent a good few hours there.I'v been skiing for over 20 years and this is the first time I'v broken anything. I fell on lumpy old snow / ice but that was ok , then i started sliding on my back for about 10 yds with skis in front of me. my right ski somehow dug into the snow and spun me around (a bit like a crocodiles death roll ) that's when it happened, the ski came off , but to late
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

my right ski somehow dug into the snow and spun me around (a bit like a crocodiles death roll ) that's when it happened, the ski came off , but to late

Ouch. You must have realised immediately that something was very wrong.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Byron Gates, I've made numerous visits...but usually in and out within around an hour/hour and a half.
snow report
Oh boy, that sucks big time! Poor you Sad Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy