Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rain next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Snow Forecast are predicting an uncomfortable amount of rain fall for next week (for France at least) - anyone want to convince me its not going to happen? I'm going out on the 18th so would be nice after all the waiting and hoping for there to be at least a little snow . . .
. . . someone be positive and tell me it won't wash away this half term week!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnnyh,

Just returned from a week in Les Gets, and Snow Forecast bore no resemblance to the actual conditions there, apart from indicating approximately when the conditions would change. I know its impossible not to look, but try not to lose to much sleep over these forecasts! We had a great week despite all the doom and gloom from the forecasts.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnnyh, where are you going?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off to Puy Saint Vincent on the 18th. We've been a few times before - snow has usually been OK - fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's a long way from our neck of the woods. But looking at the meteo chamonix forecast, usually pretty good, there is some rain there, but not as dramatic as snow-forecast, and by the end of this coming week there looks like being some snow lower down. I'd guess that many places in France will have better conditions by next weekend than they have had most of the season, despite some rain. In Les Saisies we have had 30cms of snow in the last few days (at 1600m) according to Meteo France's official snow measurement site.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnnyh, Puy is only 8 miles (as the crow fly's) from here and snow is excellent. There would have to be a weather disaster to affect the conditions now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for that glimmer of hope pam w. I'm sure we'll have a good time anyways - it is a holiday after all!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the update chris. That's put my mind at rest!! I'll tell my sons not to worry. It's really useful to hear what conditions are like from people actually in the mountains. What do you do/are you doing there chris?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Six days is the longest range forecast I can see on there and it's predicting snow, snow and snow. Most of it on my day off. Twisted Evil

Mind you, the sun is coming out now, so maybe I'll have good weather tomorrow after all.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnnyh, I'm relaxing and enjoying myself after a lifetime of hard work and stress! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chris, that sounds nice. Can't think of a much better location to do that in.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well it is bad news, at least in the central French alps Mad ; raining to 1800m yesterday and lashing down to 2000m maybe a bit higher today. There has been a 1cm since 2am. Grrrr. It is currently 3.5C at 1800 m! Although colder in the valley of course.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bug
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Serre Chevalier thread reports fresh snow though, johnnyh. Chamonix meteo suggests there will be a fair bit of snow along with some rain this week, overall not too bad though a pretty miserable week's weather for people out there now. Looks like getting cold and snowy again in time to cause maximum disruption of next Saturday's very busy transfer day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
> The Serre Chevalier thread reports fresh snow though

it may be colder in the Hautes-Alpes although their website says the freezing level is at 2800m. Meteo France say freezing at 2400 in Serre Che. but snow down to 1500m.
snow conditions
Yes, just read the SC thread so fingers crossed . . . maybe it won't be too bad.
It's a real rollercoaster of a ride this weather watching! I do find it really useful to hear from people actually in resorts as to the conditions (even if they're not always saying what you want to hear) rather than the predictions or the "spin".
ski holidays
Forecast rain this morning but it looks like decent snow on the village webcam in Val d'Isere at 1900m
latest report
You can see one of the problems at the moment here:

http://theweatheroutlook.com/twoplus/twodata/gfs/00_12_alpswbt.png

The wbt is quite high and there is a fair amount of rain (as well as snow) falling.

If you cycle through the forecasts on the page you'll see the wbt is expected to fall and there should therefore be an increasing tendency for snow to fall later today and through tonight.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoplus/twodata/datukgfshires.aspx?display=alps

Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy