Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - first day advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to St Anton soon, staying nearest to the Galzigbahn & Rendlbahn lifts. Taking family.

I did ski here along time ago but can't remember it too well (only that it was amzing). Can anyone suggets good area/runs to head to so the kids can find their ski legs on the first day. Ideally not too crowded and nice confidence-building runs (blues/reds I suppose). I know it's going to be crowded but did not have much choice of dates with the school half term.

Also any mountain restaurant suggestions in same areas would be very very useful.

Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I remember from last year the area served by the limited beginner ticket being good and quiet. Mrs prog99's snowboarding improved no end having relatively quiet slopes to practice on. There was a lot of snow though compared to this year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roberto, try Rendl - there are some nice easy blues and wide reds and it's usually a bit quieter than the main mountain.

There's a large self-service place on Rendl beach there which should do you nicely for lunch too.

Have a good trip
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree Rendl is probably best bet, but could ski the blue down to st christoph, there's a small nursery area when you get there.

Good mountain hut towards bottom run on rendl, do a great tiroler grostl (bubble and squeak fry up with egg on top)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If this was a certain thread in another forum I think the Kangaroo Bar may be reccommended as a quiet place for dinner whose staff will then drive you down the slopes if its dark.

But we wouldnt be so cruel, to be honest everywhere I ate on the hill in St Anton last year was fine. Well priced too. Being partial to beer and goulash myself meant I was well catered for.

(I've never seen so many people still in full ski kit so late at night. Watching out for people still skiing down the piste at that time became a sport)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roberto, I'd agree to Rendl being the place to go. The other option would be to head for Stüben. Stüben has only a few runs, but they're almost deserted.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy