Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix to Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone driven in winter between the two resorts on the N506 from Chamonix via Argentière and Vallorcine. Assuming there are no avalanches like last year can you normally get through to Switzerland along that route? Cheers. P.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PP, Yes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The road is kept open throughout the year. It is possible during really bad weather when the snow isn't clear away quickly then the police may impose a ban or requiring snow chains before allowing cars to pass through.

Don't think there is any avalanches risk there as I travel 8 years through the route when I had a mobile home in Chamonix. I experienced only one road block when there was a avalanches in Le Tour and a few houses were swept away. The traffic was sill allowed to pass through and diverted to drive through the rail tunnel.

There are altogether 10 hairpin bends though between Chamonix and Martigny.

The road from Martigny to Verbier is a busy truck road to Italy as cars and lorries can use the Grand St Bernard tunnel through out the year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks saikee.We are not boverred by a bit of snow as snow chains reside permanently in the boot. I just wanted to make sure that that road is kept open all year round. There is nothing like making a t*t of yourself by going up roads that everyone else knows are closed during the winter and then having to make a twenty point turn to come back down again (or so i hear wink )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are signs on most of the approach roads saying wether the col montets is open or closed. Usually open.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You get a fantastic view too over Martigny ( i think) on the Swiss side!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy