Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lunching in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need to buy a couple of people lunch in St Anton; I need suggestions of where to go. They're staying in Lech, we're in St Anton, so we'll probably meet at the lunch spot.

Criteria:

On (or convenient for) the slopes; we'll wish to indulge in a little light post prandial skiing.
Not eyewateringly expensive (remember, I'm paying), but not just ein paar wurstl mit frites.
Convenient for someone going from St Anton to Lech or vv.

Suggestions, please.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
St Chrstoph has a fab cosy and rustic restaurant which is accessible by car / bus from Lech or slope from St Anton... it's right at the bottom of the piste near the swanky hotel, the Arlberg Hospiz. You could even eat there if you want exceptional gourmet food at high prices
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
well my thoughts would be to lunch in one of St. Anton, Zurs or Lech as most of the time you'd want to ski in/around those places. St. Christoph looks a nice spot, and I agree with the comments about the hopsiz - but take your amex card. Can't help much on Zurs as we didnt' stop for lunch there, but in Lech the obvious place to go is the "Rud-Alpe" restaurant about 300 yds up above the vilage in the middle of the main blue . take the heated chair Schlegelkopf 1 up and then cruise down the right hand side of the piste. This is an authentic austrian restaurant, with a great sun terrace, lederhosenen staff and much better standard of food than your average frenchie self-service dive, but you wont' break the bank.. If you make a day of it in Lech - which I'd recommend especically if you like piste bashing, then it's also great for the obligatory "refined" apres, although the bars at the bottom of the hill are a bit livelier.

Didn't find much of note slopeside in St. Anton, as spent 1 day in lech, 2 days on white circle and a couple of days on Rendl but in the restaurant on "Rendl Beach" if you go to the left hand-side in the serving area, theres a guy who does stir-fry cooked to order, which is fabulous, and to my mind more appealing that wurst and dumplings...

enjoy..I'd like to be back.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's hard to go wrong in St Anton really.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richmond,

Personal opinion is that generally places at the bottom of the mountain are cheaper and better food generally. There is a nice little hotel restaurant near the bottom of the lift at Stuben, but I cannot remember the name of it. Likewise St Christoph has some decent eating places though they get a little more crowded particularly high season.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never been, but surely this has got to be the best one:

http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at1/_area/585612/_subArea/585688/_pid/649902/index.html

snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
richmond, the place people have mentioned above in St Christoph, the Hospiz is one of thos places that you MUST go to. It wasn't overly expensive either from what I remember (as long as you don't go on the personal tour of their wine cellar) Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richmond, if it's reachable by ski then try the rodelalm. About halfway between top of Gampen and St.Anton. You actually have to ski down a toboggan run to get to it Madeye-Smiley Good food. Great atmosphere ( but not of the dancing on tables sort ). Definitely not your run of the mill mountain restaurant!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
definately the place in st christoph with the slide down to the loos.piste side on the right as you ski down.fabulous atmosphere fast service and not that expensive when you consider that it ticks all the boxes for a perfect lunch stop.often looks really full downstairs but there are many tables upstairs (if you can find the stairs) and an upstairs outside balcony if the weather is good.I'm a bit of a tightwad but don't mind paying here !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We ended up eating outside some overpriced and indifferent hotel in Oberlech. Thanks for your help. There's a resort report if you're interested.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charlatanefc wrote:
richmond, the place people have mentioned above in St Christoph, the Hospiz is one of thos places that you MUST go to. It wasn't overly expensive either from what I remember (as long as you don't go on the personal tour of their wine cellar) Wink

Most people get sucked into this place. The Atmosphere is nice & it has the finest wine collection in Austria & further however, the food they serve at lunchtimes is Austrian Mcdonalds on the Slopes.

Tip. Allway ask for a "A La Carte" menu. The food is cooked fresh by the Chef & is more inline with the food served at the main Hotel.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
otherwise, the Mosserwirt (of amazing apres ski fame) actually serves very good and reasonably priced lunches.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond, the Hospiz Alm in St Christoph. The slide down to the toilets is worth the trip alone Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy