Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal - first timer seeks info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked to Arinsal for 4th March - unbelievable Crystal deal and staying at the Montane hotel (3* HB).

Couple of questions:

Has anyone stayed at the Montane? If so, any info be interesting.

Best advice for ski school as there'll be a complete beginner in the group.

Recommendations for ski hire.

What's the nightlife like?

Any snowHeads going to be there during that week?

Thanks guys/gals.

Marcus
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
can't advise on Arinal, but the ski school in andorra are very good
try to get morning lessons as this leaves the afternoons for practise. Also the piste are likely to be in a better state.
have fun
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob and sharon, which one of you do I thank? I'm a 10 week "Vet" and have done some fairly intensive training, but the SO is new to the game - I guess the title is a little ambiguous Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's rob here at present, a group of us learnt there (both boarders and skiers) and we had a great time.
The ski school runs either morning or afternoons, 5 days a week.
your ski reps should give you an idea on lift passes and rentals.

here's a link to our last trip
http://www.geocities.com/daggers_jones/ski2006/index.html
have a good time
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Marcus, Crystal have the morning slot 10-12 for lessons, much better than the dreaded 12-2 slot with First Choice. Montane is opposite the Gondola, not stayed in it myself but it seems very popular and you're OPPOSITe the gondola so cant complain too much! Ski school is fabulous, you however might need to get a guide and go to Pal/ Arcalis as you will get bored v quickly- could be a good op for some private lessons ( a minimal 35euro and hour) and tweak your technique.

Nightlife- in my experience the best in Andorra, plenty of variety, not too many beered up boys, mostly mixed groups and couples, 70's night on Friday is always a good laugh. Apres straight from the piste- Quo Vadia, El Cau and Ciscos all pull you in with cheap drinks and free toasties and nachos! ( the prs will get you at the bottom of the gondola-no ibiza style hardsell though!)

If your missus is a complete beginner book the learn to ski package- £140, learn to board £180, BARGAIN! you'll get all your clobber from Pic Negre at the top of the gondola, some fairly good gear- im guessing at 10weeks you might have some of your own though.

Give us a shout if you need owt else. My pics of Arinsal are on snowMedia zone.

Nade
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Marcus, Off to Arnisal soon - only 9 more sleeps!! I learnt there about 5 years ago and the ski school is at the top of the gondala which runs from the centre of the village. Throughly enjoyed it there last time. Not stayed at Montane but i'm sure someone else will have. There are several hire shops in the village all around the same price - i'm booking mine before i go with Pic Negre who are right opposite the gondala. Handy for getting your gear sorted on the Sunday night before the mad rush on Monday morning. They do a 15% discount with online bookings - have a look here http://rentasport.sport2000.fr/uk/. Lockers are a good idea as many places won't let you keep your stuff in the hotel rooms. the lockers are at the main base station at the top of the gondala. They have ones for 4 sets of skis and one for 10 have a look here www.vallnord.com. Another good tip i got off a snowhead was the bar El cau which serves up free toasted sanwiches with your drinks- great for when you've finished for the day. Another good web site is www.arinsal.com which has a map of the village. can't comment on the nightlife as i'm a real lightweight and usually in bed by 9pm!!!! Have a great time and lets pray for more snow!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee, good info, thanks. Yes indeed have all me own gear and trying to get the "missus " to avoid an credit card busting trip to S & R's fashion emporium where she's already spotted gear worth more than the entire trip (Hotel and parking at Stansted included!!!!!) and to consider a mix of borrowing and matching at TK Maxx

Like the idea of falling out of breakfast straight onto the Gondola and the night life is right up my street.

Really think a guide is needed to get to Pal?

What's the deal with th learn to ski package? Seems like a good option.

SallyT, thanks also - good advice on the discount and I'm very keen to avoid the Monday crush as had heard that elsewhere. Nice links by the way wink Have a great trip.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Marcus, guide will show you more of Pal / Arcalis ( arcalis is amazing) than you would find on your own! Otherwise in all honesty, you're going to get a bit bored.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee, what with trying to keep the OH out of the boutiques, conquer her fear of heights, overcome the insatiable desire to pose? Boredom? Just kidding. That's really helpful, I'll check the guide thing out and see if I can combine it with some coaching or summat.

Marcus
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This from Igluski (orig from SCGB)

Quote:
Great news with snow reportedly falling at Arcalis (20/60cm), Pal (30/40cm) and Arinsal (30/40cm) on Thursday morning. The new snow is expected to continue to fall throughout the day and over the weekend which is excellent news for anyone heading out to the resorts. While Soldeu (20/30cm) and Pas de la Casa (20/30cm) are not reporting new snow on Thursday the on-piste conditions are surprisingly good for carving on the packed cover and they are predicted some snowfalls this week and over the weekend.

Sounds like a step in the right direction snowHead Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Marcus, boutiques? no problem there. there are none.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee, thank fcuk for that Shocked wink Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, have you any more info on getting a guide for going over to Pal - sounds like a good idea - any idea on cost? Also i know it might be a long shot but on the Sport2000 site they list two shops for Pic Negre, would you know which one is the one at the bottom of the gondala in the village - the two address they list are C/Général Edifici Can Jan - La Massana- AD 400 ARINSAL and c/Général Edifici Areny- La Massana- AD 400 ARINSAL or would it really matter? Thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
umm no idea im afraid. SallyT,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy