Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
According to the BBC we should be battening down the hatches and only venturing outside if armed with a spade and a torch. I am supposed to be travelling to Leeds today but the day has been cancelled as there is almost half an inch of snow here. Oh well, I'll make the best of it and go back to bed.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
7cm and snowing heavily here in West Kent... starting to eye the hill over the road... fingers crossed!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
been any panic buying of petrol yet? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CANV CANVINGTON, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
5 inches in Ross - it was covering my shiny new roofbars!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's arrived here with a cm or two and already one of the local idiot taxi drivers has slid into the school wall rolling eyes But if it keeps up I might drag out one of the old boards for a play.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had great fun practising my hand brake turns on the way to work snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lots of it in Birmingham and Leamington Spa.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B, Gosh, has it reached the North of the South? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
About 5" in Brackley - school closed, not going to attempt drive to work in Coventry (40 miles), so will be "working from home" - read sledging with the kids Laughing snowHead Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevec, That's ROYAL Leamington Spa - standards please wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Elizabeth B, thats the next best thing to skiing that you can do on snow!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, South of the North, please!! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Only about 2" here In Oswestry, probably alot more on the hills near by where im going Snow Kiting Later. Bring it on!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

5 inches in Ross

Poor him!
latest report
not an ince here but enough to lob snowballs but it's stopped snowing and I'm stuck in lecture Sad
snow report
Marvelously entertaining travel chaos here in London.
I just had to walk Gregory up to the tube station this morning - couldn't miss out on the pre-school snowBall fights Laughing

12 more hours of this and the media will swap their "Global Warming is coming to get us" position to one of "Here comes the Next Ice age" Wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 8-02-07 11:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Well, we're in a snow free zone here - its been raining Sad
ski holidays
about 7cm in my garden in new cross gate in london this morning.

i shall be coming over all ray mears by forraging for berries and fashioning a shelter from twigs in greenwich park whilst clothed only in animal fur later today.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Latest weather model runs suggest the cold will hang on a bit longer. No real thaw further North than a line stretching from North Wales to Suffolk until Saturday lunchtime at least. Although Cornwall could be up to 12 degrees by then !

Wish it had gone a bit further North though, what a waste of good snow, having to make do with showers at Cairngorm and the Lecht up here Sad
latest report
Couple of cm in Leicester, (the north of the south of the middle), glad I've got my snow tyres fitted! (won't be needing the chains just yet though) snowHead
latest report
geri, poor you missing out !
About 5" in Uxbridge and still coming down strong
The amount of women in spikey stilletos and summer clothes is unbelievable !!! Shocked
ski holidays
goaty, I'll stay well away from Greenwich Park today then!!! NehNeh About 5cm in Deptford and some nice large flakes coming down in Gracechurch St as I type . . . snowHead
latest report
Maybe an inch here in Spalding (east of the midlands, north of east anglia but down at sea level) but it's still snowing steadily. Melting as fast as it's settling at the moment though.
latest report
Having been out sledging with the kids, its easy to spot anyone who has at some point had a skiing holiday! They are the ones, like us, wearing sensible snow gear. Jeans seemed to be the clothes of choice for most parents and kids - for about 2 mins until they all went home freezing Laughing
snow report
Couple of inches tops in Guildford. No noticeable chaos.
latest report
we had a dusting between 7.30 and about 9.30, and it had all gone by 10am
snow report
started snowing around 10am here but has fizzled out with only a dusting ... from my panoramic view of Bradford from my office window I can normally see the distant hills but currently v.misty will report later if can se snow on hills!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mjg,
Quote:

Quote:

5 inches in Ross

Poor him!

And I thought hyweljenkins, was boasting Blush

All the gritters shown on last night's telly must have been camera hogging, cos they weren't out near me in North Glos/Herefordshire. But it made my drive to work fun, playing with rear wheel drive, wide tyres and the traction control button Twisted Evil
snow report
OK here in snowy Bicester (Oxon) it has just stopped snowing and according to my ever reliable ruler, we've had 12cms and all the schools are shut (including mine!!!!)

Lets hope it all clears off for tomorrow as we're hitting the roads to the alps in the evening....... Fortunately they've had more snow where we're going to than here. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
South Hampshire now dry and sunny (only rain overnight)
ski holidays
Started snowing about 8:30 am here in South Yorks, wet and mushy stuff. Made about an inch covering. All melted by lunchtime.

Elizabeth B - bet you won't be managing any handbrake turns on the way home from work.

Jon.
ski holidays
Been puking down continuously in my corner of the UK from roughly 4am to 1pm. Still snowing lightly.

It has dumped almost 15cm of freshies.

Been out for a few hours, firstly down the local golf course, secondly down the local hill in the middle of my city center.

Both had complete snowcover, with pockets of powpow remaining by midday. Dozens of sledders and boarders about.

The Blizzard of '07 will go down as a legendary day snowHead
snow conditions
Torrential rain here, right now snowcover rapidly vanishing Sad
snow report
virtually all the snow is gone in bristol now! was nice to wake up to a white world.
Brought camera with me to work so i could go out and take some pictures - as its disappeared I'll post on SH instead!!!!
ski holidays
mountain mad wrote:
virtually all the snow is gone in bristol now! was nice to wake up to a white world.
Brought camera with me to work so i could go out and take some pictures - as its disappeared I'll post on SH instead!!!!

It's not fair! We're only 20 miles south of Bristol (in the deep south of the northwest) and we got nothing at all. Or does hail count?
latest report
We had about 5" here just outside Merthyr Tydfil.

So I spent my lunchtime (I work from home) skiing the field outside the house. No actual photos of me, because I had the camera Smile but one photo before I started skiing, and one of the results to the field here http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=715

Note - the one of the tracks was taken a couple of hours later, after some rain. Grass was not showing through at the time I stopped.
snow report
LOTS of snow all day in rural Worcestershire! Had to have the 'working from home' scenario with the boss this morning who sounded a little dubious. Still snowing now but only a little bit. Metcheck says loads more on Saturday but can't find anyone else saying the same thing!
ski holidays
hyweljenkins wrote:
5 inches in Ross - it was covering my shiny new roofbars!

3 inches in usk down the road. Conditions improving. two frosties built with the kids before I came in to work
snow report
MrDan wrote:
LOTS of snow all day in rural Worcestershire! Had to have the 'working from home' scenario with the boss this morning who sounded a little dubious. Still snowing now but only a little bit. Metcheck says loads more on Saturday but can't find anyone else saying the same thing!

It looks like the snow and cold air will stick around until Fri afternoon, then temps will ramp up. Rain likeliest for England on Sat.

Am planning to hit the local hill at first light tomorrow, before it all disappears Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy