Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways

Poster: A snowHead
Having joined the "no-frills" revolution many years ago, I am now faced with the prospect of flying BA next week......and I haven't a clue about anything!!

1) Do you still get fed on short haul flights?

2) Can I take skis free, or do I need to pay extra? How does this affect my weight limit of 20Kg?

3) How does anyone afford to park at Heathrow without taking out a 2nd mortgage? wink

4) What's this thing that they call a ticket?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's a proper BA flight then -

1) A light meal or bun; free drinks Smile .

2) Free. Doesn't affect the weight limit, I believe.

3) Mmmm.

4) I haven't had one from BA in years. Worth checking in online in advance if you can (from 24 hours before the flight) - select your preferred seat.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you flying this weekend or next? Because there's new rules coming in on the 13th.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagsport/public/en_gb
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
justacey, next weekend. Thanks for that link Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, I'm flying from Gatwick where parking is also very expensive. I had resigned myself to get my neighbour to drive us up and pick us up, but not sure how reliable he is. Also it would mean extra diesel and a present for him. So I've just booked ACE MEET AND GREET - so I can drive up in our 'bus, they take the 'bus from me at the airport when I get there, park it 3 miles away in their secure pound, and then meet us when we get back. Just over £50 all in. Much better than parking and having to look for the car.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B wrote:
Having joined the "no-frills" revolution many years ago, I am now faced with the prospect of flying BA next week......and I haven't a clue about anything!!

1) Do you still get fed on short haul flights?

2) Can I take skis free, or do I need to pay extra? How does this affect my weight limit of 20Kg?

3) How does anyone afford to park at Heathrow without taking out a 2nd mortgage? wink

4) What's this thing that they call a ticket?

1) Yes, if you're that hungry Shocked
2) Yes, free, no effect etc.. but be prepared to carry , don't forget GVA is T4 !
3) Loads of streets ... Longford (T1), Hanwell etc (T4) , just don't expect to find car on your return wink (PM - if you are serious)
4) Ticket? I have no idea, what is it? E-tix rule even with BA !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flew to GVA with BA last week..

1) On the way out we only got a packet of nuts+seeds! On the way back were given some sandwiches. ie. don't bank on being fed.
2) Skis are free.
3) Get the train!
4) E-tickets much better than paper. Don't forget to check in online the day before and bagsy an exit row seat!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philgeorge999, would love to get the train...but to get there in time for check in, I would have to leave at 8pm the night before Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B, We've always booked into a hotel that offers free parking (the night before). Terminal 4 is a nightmare.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm flying to Milan so it's T1 not T4. Will that be better?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, Park in Longford ( old A4), close to 'The White Horse' .. look at bus timetable .. catch bus straight into terminal.... 5 minutes ...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agenterre, would the car be there when I returned?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B, Well I lived there for 4 years and never lost one .... but T5 workers around now ...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We usually use Purple Parking and you can use your Tesco Clubcard vouchers and only pay a quarter of the price. BUT you have to be organised to sort it all out in time.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Elizabeth B, for parking, the cheapest I have come across is Economy Parking just off Jct 14 of the M25 (where you would exit for T4) who charge £8.50 per day. They are located just outside the perimeter and I have used them several times without to much waiting around - you call them once you have picked up your bags. Try the link for more info...

http://www.simplyparking.co.uk/heathrow-airport-car-parks/heathrow-economy-parking.htm
snow conditions
Quote:

How does this affect my weight limit of 20Kg?

23 Kg with BA, skis not included in this - quote from BA site

"Customers will be able to carry one piece of sporting equipment free of charge in addition to their checked baggage allowance."

This is a slight change that will make a difference, before it was one pair each of skis and boots, now it appears to be just one piece.

snowHead
latest report
I've made the assumption (and I hope I'm correct) that I don't need to have skis with my ski boots. Puzzled ie I have a boot bag with my boots in (obviously) and I'm hoping that they go 'free'.
snow conditions
justacey, I would agree with that going by BA's statement below.

From BA site:
Quote:
From 13 February 2007, all customers will be allowed to check in their respective free checked baggage allowance PLUS one additional item of sports equipment providing the item, weighs up to 23kg, and does not exceed the following dimensions:

2.5m x 1.00m x 0.80m (98in x 39in x 31in).

Any items that exceed the maximum dimensions will need to be transported as unaccompanied baggage, which can be arranged through BA World Cargo.

Sporting wheelchairs are considered sports equipment.

There are some examples of sports equipment where specific criteria apply. Please see the list below:

Snow and skiing equipment
Skis, poles and boot bag allowed
Snowboard and boot bag allowed

snowHead
snow report
So technically, I can have my free 23kg checked baggage PLUS 23kg in my bootbag.
hmm, we're self catering, so I may stuff my boots with some cans of beans and curry Toofy Grin
latest report
Elizabeth B, I've just read in the daily Telegraph that BA are stipulating that the checked -in 23kg is carried in ONE bag. If you check in more than one bag (even if the combined total isn't more than 23kg) then you will be charged £120 per extra piece of luggage. However, there is no charge for sporting equipment.
ski holidays
To be fare to BA, this is pretty much the same as their last baggage rules - passengers on World & European Traveller and UK Domestic were only ever allowed one bag at 23 Kg (exc. sports equip).

snowHead
ski holidays
 monster77
monster77
Have a look a t BA.com, you can per book on airport long term parking on line and save a heap of money. I tend to use Pink Elephant for T1 and Business Parking for T4.

In January I paid £76 for a week in a carpark only minutes from T4, the cab fare from my house to T4 is £80

Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy