Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have a great Half-Term guys

Poster: A snowHead
To all of you heading off for Half-term week either this weekend, or next,have a good one. Here's to plenty of snow, plenty of wine, and plenty of fun with your children. I know it will be busy, but guess what, I'm actually really jealous that I am staying at home this February.
Have a safe and accident free one too.
Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, Many thanks. I am very excited, but then always am. We have usualy had a cheap week by now but eldest is in big school so looks like school hols from now on.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Helen. We're getting to the other end of secondary school, so this is quite possibly the last HT we'll be skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks Helen, but how come you aren't going this Feb?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, cos Jules and I are going for two weeks in March instead!! Very Happy .
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, Thanks Helen, I have to (shamefully) admit this will be my fourth trip this season (and Mrs Axs's 3rd) wink but the kids first! How I got away with it this year I'm not certain Laughing

Anyhow looking forward to a fun time in the 3V on what has become known as the 'bish bash', even more so now that it's looking very likely there might be a piste or two open! (maybe with 1/2 a metre of fresh ! Laughing ).

Think you made the right choice going late this year, this might be my 4th, but it looks like it'll be the first with really decent cover. Have fun in March snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman, I'm jealous. This is the first time that all three are in school. Still, to say I am looking forward to it is possibly the world's greatest understatement Wink

Thanks and enjoy your time when it comes...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been snowing a bit the last few days, and the locals forecast plenty more before the end of the weekend. Looking good for everyone heading out (provided they know how to use snow chains....)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To all of you please remember the Severe weather warning for Thursday/Friday which says don't make unnecesary journey's Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What a lovely thought .. and one which is so typical of snowHead folks.

My best wishes go with you all as well but I have to add my little bit of advice rolling eyes :-

a) Stay within the speed limits --- unless you like paying fines, and the French way of driving is different
b) It is snowing .. this is good snowHead
c) Stay safe ... the next trip is always the best one

PS ...For those coming South of Grenoble I will be around on a day-to-day basis

ENJOY snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Helen Very Happy

My lad's off to Jasper for a week with his school (70 kids are going!). This has given my wife and I the opportunity to have a week's holiday on our own for the first time in the 13 years we've been together.

So, we're off to Val d'Isère on the 18th
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agenterre, if you fancy popping up to Serre Che in March , let me know.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
On behalf of the eponyms for the 3V meet, thanks for your kind thoughts.

Looks like we might have a bit of the white stuff to deal with.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, enjoy the Bish-bash. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, thanks for the good wishes. Those of us going in the second week are hoping that the colossal (?!) falls in the first week will be nicely ready for us to use.
snow report
I'm with Nick L, bring on 10 days of snow for us to play in! snowHead
snow report
I'm a second weeker too. Looking forward to the tumps of snow we'll have by then.
snow conditions
Nick L, Don't worry, we'll do our best to smoothe them all out nicely for you Twisted Evil Laughing
ski holidays
AxsMan, Yes, please. I don't like that nasty powdery stuff. I like it flat and firm. Toofy Grin
latest report
Where are you off to justacey and martyngb?
snow report
Nick L, I'm off to Flaine for the Welsh half-term, you may have seen me worrying about pistes on the Flaine thread. Flying to Geneva on Friday 16th and will have a few runs under our belt (skis?) by lunchtime on Saturday, woohoo.

Hope you next-weekers don't have TOO much snow, so that lifts will be shut. Although it must be nice to worry about the complete opposite to the last few weeks / months.
ski holidays
Helen, cheers! Off to Arabba on saturday! snowHead
snow report
Nick L, Off to La Tania, via Eurostar, will be on the slopes by 0930 Sat am!! snowHead
snow report
It's hammering down this morning. The plough has been up our little cul de sac twice already (10.15 French time) and is barely keeping pace. We shall be leaving in a few hours and will (like all the cars which I have seen leaving this morning) have snow chains on, as well as our snow tyres. Takes a couple of minutes (put them on under cover in the garage!) and saves a great deal of potential trouble. It looks great out there, all white now, and is forecast to continue, with high winds, much of the day. We have already had about ten times the amount of snow forecast by snow-forecast.com for the past 48 hours. They are forecasting rain here on Monday, but mabe they'll be wrong about that too. In a way it's frustrating not to be able to go out skiing, but in these conditions, with very poor visibility and such high winds forecast, not too much of a sacrifice. We'll be back after the school hols, and it's fantastic that half term will start with good snow cover. snowHead
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, Thanks Helen, from all in 3V on the Bish Bash.
snow report
martyngb, sounds like we will be on the same train - we are going to la Rosiere so will be getting off after you at Bourg St Maurice. We are boarding at Ashford. Look out for snowHead s stickers on the luggage Smile
ski holidays
Thanks Guys leave a nice firm base for the proper snow NEXT weekend when us Wiltshire/Hampshire folk get our Half term break in the Alps Toofy Grin
latest report
Nick L, I'll be in the buffet car I can guarantee that much!! Twisted Evil

We're in coach 1 and we've got some friends elsewhere on the train, not sure where yet. Should be good snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're in coach 12. We'll keep an eye out for you!
latest report
I'm heading to Kitzbuhel with my school, was going to take my shiny new volkl karmas (courtesy of kiwi1) but I have elected to take my old rockhoppers, just in case Sad

Otherwise, any snow is better than no snow!

Roll on 30 hour coach journey!!!
snow conditions
george_1, you just need to do what my son George (prob similar age to you) does - fall asleep for 24hrs to catch up with all the sleep he has missed at Uni.
snow report
george_1, ENJOY ! Having read so much negativity here over the last weeks , you can only be pleasantly surprised Toofy Grin 30-hrs is a great opportunity to impress that special person / set up a great holiday Cool
latest report
 brian
brian
pam w, Meteoblue's alpine forecast has been much more accurate (not surprisingly as it's designed for short term hi-res forecasts).
snow conditions
I'm excited cos I might be going to Aviremore for half term - lots of action adventure activities there! Shame my parents are so anti-adrenaline... They'd quite happily look at art galleries and gaze at lanscapes while I fall asleep. Hopefully they'll pack me off to a high-ropes centre or dog sledding. And the most important thing! Do you reckon there'll be any skiing?
snow conditions
Heading off to Chamoix this Sunday with a whole apartment full of boys! - am only girl ! any advice on how to get out of cleaning and cooking. Looking forward to skiing though
ski holidays
ruthie, stay in bed until they leave each morning. Head straight for the pistes without a backward glance at the kitchen. Straight to the bar after skiing, back too late and too drunk to tidy up!! Very Happy
ski holidays
ruthie, I'm afraid Helen Beaumont, is too nice a person. Shocked

The obvious solution to your dilemna is probably the most effective Twisted Evil Mind you if they are all gay ... Evil or Very Mad
latest report
ruthie, I think Helen Beaumont, has the right idea Toofy Grin

BTW make sure you get the bathroom first Shocked
snow conditions
geri, Spoil sport ! rolling eyes

....and just imagine being LAST in the bathroom Shocked
snow report
helen, i think your idea is a good one especially the bit about staying in bed late Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy