Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Speed Cameras in Italy -- On the Slopes...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two Italian resorts, Cortina and Plose, plan shortly to install speed cameras on busy or overcrowded slopes.

Upper speed limits are unknown, but might be somewhere in the range of 40 to 70 kmh.

Fines may be up to 1k Euros.

Young males look like they will be a key target.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/04/wski04.xml
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My gps claimed that I was doing 75 at points during my last trip so I might have to watch myself on my next trip which is to Italy, but in my defence it was never on anywhere crowded though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My GPS had me at 199mph at one point last week, I think it wasn't quite telling the truth.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

My GPS had me at 199mph at one point last week,

That was on route to the bar wasnt it? Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been clocked at over 90 kph on a world cup (albeit ladies' Toofy Grin ) course.

I presume the speed cams are on greens/blues fed by steeper runs or at bottlenecks or some other hazardous location.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier wrote:
My GPS had me at 199mph at one point last week, I think it wasn't quite telling the truth.

Mine was saying the same thing once I downloaded the tracks to the PC and that then recalculated the speed between some incorrect points. The GPS itself seemed capable of ignoring the single duff points that suddenly had me traveling half way round the mountain in less than a second though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A couple of weeks ago, my brother went through a speed gun in St Anton at 79kmh.........BACKWARDS!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What I'd like to know is how they expect you to know how fast you're going
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dovver, Good point. I suppose we will all have to buy one of those naff wristwatch computer things from GeeksRus. Or avoid skiing at the resorts in question.

I do not even have a dive computer, so I will resist buying a computer for skiing to the bitter end.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ahh the beginning of the end.. more crowds, more regulation.. soon you wil have to wear a giant bar code on your back or something..
im not saying these things arn't nesessary, just thats its a shame.. sking will be like driving soon.. with everyone harking back to the hayclon days of empty roads and cars that you could fix yourself..
im glad my kids are getting older and i will be able to forego the holiday crush to extend the romance a few more years off peak..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold, hmmm, if it's anything like Italian speed limits, the cops will all be getting p*ssed in the essential piste side AutoGrills and then the government will up the speed limits and mandate a minimum speed on wider runs (as it helps folks concentrate).

As usual in Italy, if they

* learned to ski,

* learned basic piste discipline (you know how they like to keep the white line between the autostrada lanes centred in the middle of the Alfa badge?)

* didn't assume that everyone else skiing (driving) faster than them was
- 1. an idiot
- 2. about to sh*g their sister and
- 3. was grossly insulting their manhood,

[b[]then[/b] they wouldn't need to spend money on stupid ideas.

I'm not biased, I'll be in Italy at the weekend, just making observations.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy