Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

taking niece and nephew to Saalbach....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
........at half term. Question - my nephew is 14 years old - do I need any sort of documentation from his parents to say that he's allowed to leave the country with us - to show to the airline or whatever ?
Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try fco.gov.uk.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erica2004, slightly off topic, but I would suggest that you get a signed letter from his parents saying that in the event of medical emergency that you can sign to authorise treatment. Hopefully you won't need it, but better to be prepared than have to fly mum out before they can do anything like put his leg in a pot!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
erica2004, some airlines ask for this especially if his surname is different from yours but I think that's more for long haul flights. I would phone the airline/ tour operator and check if you need any documents. The law change when the requirement for individual passports came in to prevent children being taken out of the country by single parents when custody is in dispute.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, as long as you're booked together its all good. Elizabeth B, makes a valid point though, although when I went skiing with my uncle and broke my leg the only authorisation they wanted was from the Visa company!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee, one of my colleagues had her son's friend staying while his parents went on holiday. He broke his leg in 3 places, but the hospital couldn't/wouldn't operate to pin it without parental consent.....and parents couldn't be contacted. Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I went on School organised trips to France (admittedly a few years ago Toofy Grin ), they got parents to sign a form stating that the school officials could act in loco parentis, which is the legal latin term for "in the place of the parents" Toofy Grin (I did 2 years of compulsory latin you know Evil or Very Mad )
Presumably such a signed statement is recognised in UK law and would be acceptable to a UK hospital if required as in Elizabeth B's story above, but don't know if other countries recognise the concept. Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do we need one of these for the MSB? Will I be safe with uncle Alastair Pink and auntie Elizabeth B or do I need a note from my mum?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink, I carry those forms whenever I take kids on a trip in the UK. Every effort will be made to cotact parents first, however if they can't (or the parents can't get to the hospital) than I can sign.

FenlandSkier, nah.....we'll just leave you in pain Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy