Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

proper girlie question!! - fashion

Poster: A snowHead
Are there any in or out colours with ski clothes - dont want to buy something from TK Maxx and look 10 yrs out of date!!
What are the particular no nos please,

also do styles date much?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
minicat, As long as you're not tempted to go with a multi-coloured one piece, you're pretty safe wink The gear in TK Maxx is usually, at worst, last season, so again pretty safe. Personally, I'd avoid the pink/lilac camouflage type of design I've seen in there lately, as I think that will date. You can't really go wrong with navy, black, grey, red, khaki which TK Maxx seems to have plenty of. You may not be at the cutting edge, but it's good quality, sound construction, reputable makes. I promise, when you're on a chairlift in -10, with snow whipping into your face and a long ski down, you won't care what colour you're wearing!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
minicat, all you need to know is that fluorescent turquoise is in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Anniepen

daughter saw a eighties retro looking BRIGHT pink jacket with white fur trim hood!! is that way off the mark ( she doesn't do subtle!) Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fluorescent lime green is OUT. Even worse if it should have Les Arcs ski club written on it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
fluorescent lime green is OUT.

Unless it is ski boots. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is a sad and pathetic thread. Who decides what's 'in' anyway? Who told them they could? Where do they get off telling the rest of us what we should look like? Wear whatever you like best.

However, here's a handy guide to what the well-dressed seasonal worker is wearing today:

Luke KP - Huge white jacket, pink sweatshirt, Welsh flag hanging from belt
Paul barman - Rupert bear stylee checky pants
Claire rep - more alarming checky pants with jacket to match
Rob handyman - lime green pants
me - black North Face shell-stuff (I'm very boring)
Mr Lizzard - black jacket and tan pants (he's boring too)
Jamie ski tech - bright white Burton pants (still quite clean, amazingly)
Charlie waiter and media star - grey hoodie

You may infer whatever you please from this.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Minicat,

Thermal thongs and pink boob tubes are in this year, some of the women will be wearing them too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard wrote:
However, here's a handy guide to what the well-dressed seasonal worker is wearing today:

Luke KP - Huge white jacket, pink sweatshirt, Welsh flag hanging from belt
Paul barman - Rupert bear stylee checky pants
Claire rep - more alarming checky pants with jacket to match
Rob handyman - lime green pants
me - black North Face shell-stuff (I'm very boring)
Mr Lizzard - black jacket and tan pants (he's boring too)
Jamie ski tech - bright white Burton pants (still quite clean, amazingly)
Charlie waiter and media star - grey hoodie

You may infer whatever you please from this.

All the blokes are gay apart from your hubby who delivers milk tray for a living?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've tended to end up with red - ashamed to say that they were only ones in TXMAXX that fitted Embarassed The way I see it is that I'm visible and because of that probably safer on the slope.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB, quite possibly - I've never asked. But doesn't the Milk Tray man dress all in black?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, What ever happened to staff uniform - and I bet none of you are wearing your name badges either Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sorry Lizzard didn't mean to be sad and pathetic but I will look funny enough trying to ski without my clothes being the standing joke!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
minicat wrote:
I will look funny enough trying to ski without my clothes

Cool Cool Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard wrote:
This is a sad and pathetic thread. Who decides what's 'in' anyway?

Where colours are concerned it's the fabric manufacturers. They can already say what colours will be "in" for season 08/09 and at trade shows like ISPO you can buy the Trend books that go into it all in detail. Despite all that, black (especially) and prime colours are always in as far as the manufacturers are concerned. Next season things are looking far brighter and beyond I think we all need to prepare ourselves for a bit of dayglo!!! You're right though, it's all a bit sad.

Just accessorise darlings!
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
DB, quite possibly - I've never asked. But doesn't the Milk Tray man dress all in black?

Yes but if his black pants are in the wash he could get away with dark tan, no?
ski holidays
minicat, as fashion guru and super bitch I feel well placed to answer your query.

This season pink is very popular, as are green and brown. Labels to look out for -Bonfire, Roxy ( although this usually screams BEGINNER), Protest and at a push Alpha. Red is very last season but eternally popular. Fur trims are in, however unless its real fur, you're russian and you're in Courcheval its a no, Dr Zhivago it most definatley isnt.

Black bottoms are rather forgiving- but stick to proper board pants/ Salopettes, anything with Lycra in and you're on dangerous ground.

PS ignore season workers, they gave up on fashion about 3 weeks ago NehNeh
snow conditions
thanks Nadenoodlee - really helpful - might be boring and go with navy!
can you tell me about apres ski clothes 'cos it's the first time we've been
Thanks again
snow conditions
Apres ski sclothing? Jeans, pair of boots or big trainers and a ski jacket of fleece. No need to get fressed up in a ski resort.
snow report
minicat, if in Austria, clothes are optional for Apres ski, anywhere else, they're considered mostly compulsory.
snow conditions
minicat,

In Austria you just wear the same clothes for Apres Ski. If you ain't table dancing while wearing a pair of ski boots then you aint Apres skiing properly. Get your priorities right this isn't a fashion show week it's a ski holiday, so that means getting drunk and dancing with a bit of skiing thrown in.
snow report
ORANGE!!!

Don't worry about looking out of date....people will think you've been skiing for longer.
snow report
minicat, Austria and their whole apres weirdness puts me off. Where are you going?
ski holidays
AUSTRIA!!
why is it weird??
snow report
minicat, you will see some glorious sights out there. Although the grey pound/euro is clearly strong enough for there to be a fair number of older skiers on the piste, the money doesn't seem to run to new kit. It was like an episode of Fame on the slopes some days wink
snow conditions
clara_jo, beautifully put!

I personally would rather ski/ board- apres- hotel dinner change- out again. As opposed to ski- out- home- bed.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
clara_jo, beautifully put!

I personally would rather ski/ board- apres- hotel dinner change- out again. As opposed to ski- out- home- bed.

Each to their own and done that but by the time I've been back and showered/changed I've missed the fun. It's ski , apres ski, grab a bite to eat, shower and sleep. If you have the energy to stay up into the small hours you aren't skiing hard enough during the day. NehNeh

Just because it doesn't fit into the normal Britísh way of ding things doesn't mean it's wierd, the Austrians know how to have fun and are the kings of Apres ski.

Back to clothes, nobody really gives a stuff what you wear. Just bring what you got and join in the fun.
snow report
boredsurfin, our staff uniform consists of black T-shirt, smart trousers and shoes - you expect them to ski in that? Shocked

clara_jo, that's because for the price of what I stand up in on the slopes you can buy a last-minute cheap deal and have an extra week's skiing. The canny oldies might not look cutting-edge but they're here on the slopes, not sitting at home with spangly new kit they can't afford to use.

(Besides, they afford excellent retro comedy value.)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, I agree, the Austrian way seems to be far more fun. You can party hard, have all the fun, and still get up early to ski the next day. Very Happy
latest report
Yes I think that would suit me more - dont fancy dinner in sweaty clothes - is it just jeans etc

changed my mind see next post!!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 6-02-07 16:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Yes DB and Kramer, thinking about it early doors does sound better - less chance of a mega hangover!
snow conditions
minicat, it does work really well. Ski till fourish, drink till sevenish, dinner at half seven, bed by half nine, up at seven the next day feeling refreshed. Dinner conversation in the hotel is much more fun if you're feeling a bit disinhibited as well. wink
ski holidays
minicat, you get changed before dinner.

DB, id rather board and go out LOTS. Personal preference, but I managed it and was on the mountain by 9 every day ( a new personal record)

Watching old people in one-pieces stomping about to oompah techno - no gracias.

Board- apres drinkies and toasties etc- home shower- dinner- bars- bed. Yes lovely.
ski holidays
minicat,

I don't like being tied to an evening meal so generally just book B&B and eat out. If you have booked a place with evening meal then apres ski in your ski clothes and jump in the shower just before dinner. If all esle fails a quick squirt of deo goes a long way. Wink
Drink loads of water before hitting the pillow and you should be in some sort of reasonable condition to ski the next day.

If you have an expensive Goretex Jacket or similar it's best to put it out of the way in a cloakroom etc to keep it away from cigarette smoke clogging it up or even worse cig burns.

PS It can be cold just wearing jeans but thin clean thermals underneath (that you can wear to ski in later in the week) make it warmer.
snow report
minicat, don't worry about what you wear; in Lofer, you'll see no-one and no-one'll see you, because you'll be the only people there (apart from the automata, and who klnows what they wear.

Actually, the locals in Austria look appalling, fur coats and hairy footwear, so anything compares well with that.
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee,

Those one pieces and polo necks look terrible don't they? That oompah music is really shocking isn't it? But look on their faces, while pensioners all over the world are moaning about the price of veg they are having real fun. You never know even you might get old one day, if you're lucky you'll be having as much fun as us ..... er, opps ...... I mean them. Wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
fluorescent lime green is OUT. Even worse if it should have Les Arcs ski club written on it.

Git! Just spotted this.

Wink
ski holidays
DB, I'd rather skin my own toes than wear a one piece and listen to oompah techno- regardless of age! Razz
snow report
Nadenoodlee,

Oh come on you're on holiday - it's so bad it's good. Besides that one piece from ebay would clear up your builders bottom problem and stop you getting snow down your cleavage. Wink
snow report
we have rented a chalet so not tied to dinner but once the lads get on the beer i bet they wont go home to change before eating out - it could get very messy!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy