Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes for Beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All

I have booked my accommodation in Tignes les brevieres for this Easter, but when I have been looking at the piste map there does not seem to be many green runs for the beginners in our party. All if the nursery slopes seem to be over in Val D.

Am I wrong? what is Tignes like for beginners?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ajbaldwin, I looked at this place last year. The site gives lots of info on Les Brevieres

http://www.skibrev.com/
Providing the runs down to the village are open then it should be okay for beginners. A free drag in the vilage but the blues back down are very tame.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ajbaldwin, the snow down at les Brevieres is a bit unpredictable at Easter time - was OK in 2006 but not 2005 - so you would have to take lifts to highter areas e.g. le Lac
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
aj,
Most people get the full Espace liftpass. If neccessary, get your beginners to take the chairlift to Boisses, then the free bus to le Lac. Change for the Val Claret free bus, then Fresse chairlift up. They can then access all the greens in the Belevarde area.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My 6 year old nephew and also a adult couple will need lessons as it is there first time on skis.

Can anyone recommend a ski school??

I am better to get one locally in les brevieres and travel to the snow, or go for one in les Lac??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ajbaldwin, our group used Evolution 2 last week and found them very good.... both for adults and children.

As Kenzie says, it's pretty easy to get to the green runs and the price difference between an Espace Killy lift pass and Tignes only is not much (about €30, I think). For the complete beginners, there is a nursery slope in Tignes le Lac anyway
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajbaldwin, I would also recommend Evolution 2, but it might be worth pre-booking http://www.evolution2.com/tignes/gb/ecoletignes.asp . Because Tignes has a reputation for good late snow, it will be a bit busier that other lower resorts and Evolution 2 have a maximum class size (unlike ESF seem to!)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ajbaldwin, you could also try contacting Stewart Woodward here, used to be with Evolution 2 and currently with ESF. He taught me in Dec on a Snoworks course and I can really recommend his instruction snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all for the responses (now I just have to keep fingers crossed that there will be some snow that late)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ajbaldwin, FYI the 'Rosset' nursery slope in Tignes le lac is free (well it was when we were there), so for real first weekers you could save a few quid on lift passes for at least a day or two. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy