Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

IS THE SNOW COMING TO THE ALPS THIS WEEKEND????????

Poster: A snowHead
If so how much................ Everyone wants to know!!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maybe
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dont care went last week, but maybe in time for Easter though
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.avalanche-net.com/meteo/gfs/affiche_ville.php?Departement=74&Ville=3 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
its all looking good,must admit im not nervous anymore as i was out last week,hope it does come so it livens things up again
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sometimes
latest report
 brian
brian
Looks like it might not even wait till the weekend ....

http://pages.unibas.ch/geo/mcr/3d/meteo/nmm4/ASNFL69.JPG
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been snowing here (Zuerich) today.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dunno, but it's coming to Wales and England tomorrow apparently!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nessy, Oooo...I like the sound of that - Zurich's not a huge distance from where I'm going - it's where my Swiss friends live.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yes, and I will be there for it ...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/Les_Deux_Alpes_snow.html
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
olivercigar, YES!! netweather are predicting over 750mm for the 3V - Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
YES!! netweather are predicting over 750mm for the 3V

...which will probably be 6mm after the next GFS run... Then 4000mm, then 10mm, then 75mm, etc...
ski holidays
No
latest report
carled, I'll go with the second number you quote! Laughing

Actually, after the dearth of snow so far this season, the greatest irony is that it looks like we might have travel trouble this weekend because of heavey snowfalls , not just in the alps but here!. Don't care as long as

1) we get there eventually and
2) There's loads of SNOW when we do !!! snowHead
snow conditions
I'm due to set off Thursday for a slow leisurely drive to the Alps from Peterborough. However Met Office Weather warning is for travel chaos in the London area Crying or Very sad Need to get to Dover for the 12.00 Speedferries crossing too.
snow report
There's been significantly more snow here today than forecast. That's not saying much, snow-forecast only suggested 1 cm but there was enough for them to send out the snowploughs in the afternoon and the locals reckon there's more, though not huge amounts, on the way. They are mighty relieved but it will take some days of solid snow to put the pistes in good shape for four weeks of French school holidays. At least it's starting to look pretty.
snow report
pam w, any improvement this morning?? am trying to decide between les arcs and jungfrau for sneaky mid week mid february - think france is winning at the mo'
ski holidays
This chart chows predicted precipitation up until Tuesday next week in mm. Looks promissing. Roughly 1mm of rain equates to 1cm of snow assuming it is cold enough to snow. So the majority of the alps look like it will get at least a half decent covering over the next 6 days, a lot of the precipitation is showery though if you look at the charts, meaning one area may a decent fall while down the road gets none!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsgfsmeur.html
ski holidays
doogo, yes, no snow overnight but quite heavy again for a while this morning. Stopped again this afternoon, but the local forecasts for the next few days are pretty snowy. Had a quick trip out this morning, now tidying up and packing to get away before the hordes arrive. Looks like it might be quite a difficult weekend on the roads in France, but much improved on the pistes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DRHOSKING,
I thought that 10mm prec. equated to 1 cm snow, I could be wrong of course (Mrs Brian T always assumes i am) wink wink
snow report
Brian T wrote:
DRHOSKING,
I thought that 10mm prec. equated to 1 cm snow, I could be wrong of course (Mrs Brian T always assumes i am) wink wink

No, I think it's a 10:1 relationship.so 1mm rain = 1cm snow (ps 10mm = 1cm)
snow report
Diarmuid what's the snow like in your neck of the woods at the moment

off on 16th for a weekend in Vall D'allos - any tips/ideas on best areas to ski etc gratefully appreciated......
latest report
Roger C, Snow here is not as good as further North at moment; this is changing as I write this and there should be good stuff over the weekend.

Diarmuid, knows most of the local resorts better than I , but if he doesn't reply I'll give you a few pointers on Val d'Allos, (sp.!!) ... what do you want to know?
latest report
pam w, thanks for that - and safe trip back to the UK snowHead
snow report
Roger C, I was away in Austria for the last two weekends so I don't have any first hand reports. However most of my friends have been up so here's a rough report. It snowed on the 26th and there was about 30cm of fresh in Auron and Isola which made the skiing quite good. The guys were off piste which was quite good but plenty of rocks in Auron as the base is not great. Last weekend reports from Isola were good on piste but I didn't get any off piste reports.

There is some snow forecast for the next two days. It's quite overcast here at the moment, it's dry in Nice although the Isola webcam looks wet.

I don't know what the situation is like in la Foux, sorry.

If you are skiing in Val d'Allos then you can't go wrong in the higher village (1400, I forget the name). You can ski into Pra Loup although with the lack of snow this year I don't know if it's open. It's a bit of a drive from Nice so I don't go there too often, but it's a good skiing spot. Highly recommended.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Diarmuid, thanks for that info, hope austria was good fun!

hope Val d'allos isnt TOO far as we are flying into Nice!

like your pics by the way
ski holidays
Roger C, Unusual, but I am more current than Diarmuid, Shocked

Val d'Allos is about 2 1/4 hours from Nice airport. Choose your route based upon the previous day's snowfall. If you have a day without snow travel A8 > Cannes> exit Grasse<follow> Digne...Route Napoleon ..Castellane ... a beautiful drive at any time !

The link is not currently open .. but I'm sure that will change this weekend . Ask what you will

Where are you staying?
snow report
Agenterre, thanks for the advice, we are being collected from the airport so i'll be leaving the route finding/driving to the local experts!

we are staying here:

Chalet en Bois
4 le Bruisset
Impasse des Prunus
04260 Allos
France

if there is some nice fresh snow are there some nice off piste runs in the area worth hiring a guide for? if so can you recommend a guide?

if you've spent some time in the area would appreciate any ideas on good places to eat both on and off the piste etc.....
snow conditions
Roger C wrote:
Agenterre, thanks for the advice, we are being collected from the airport so i'll be leaving the route finding/driving to the local experts!

we are staying here:

Chalet en Bois
4 le Bruisset
Impasse des Prunus
04260 Allos
France

if there is some nice fresh snow are there some nice off piste runs in the area worth hiring a guide for? if so can you recommend a guide?

if you've spent some time in the area would appreciate any ideas on good places to eat both on and off the piste etc.....
Roger check out www.valdallos.com. Dont know about your French but if you follow the link with the snowflake you'll get the snow report. The link to Pra Loup from La Foux is called Liason Espace Lumiere - at the moment, according to the snow reports, its open.

It looks like your staying in Allos. You cross to Le Seignus (1500) by Gondola. I haven't skied it. Its small but the runs are supposed to be good - Ben Wright could tell you more if he's online. WRT restaurants there are a few in the resort and a couple on the old main street of Allos (not the road going through it)

Im more familiar with LA Foux (1800) there is a free shuttle bus up. It is larger than 1500 and it is from here that you can ski accross to Pra Loup. There is a lot of off-piste particularly on the way to Pra Loup, but I dont know any guides other than ESF

Have fun.
snow report
georgedelaney, thanks i've had a good look at the Valdallos website and the webcams today look a lot better than earlier in the week Very Happy i've also received a pm with some info from Ben Wright.

will post a report after we get back but if anyone is the area sat/sun 17th/18th then let me know if you want to meet up for a ski or beer!
snow report
Roger C, Im over again at the end of the month for a few days so make sure to file a report on your return
snow conditions
Just back from Auron. Conditions are good, albeit with little rocks and stones everywhere around 1600-1800m. It snowed a few cm a rew days ago and some great off piste was to be had. The pistes are in good nick. No worries for anyone heading to Isola/Auron in the next few days. What is disappointing is looking at faces/bowls/chutes that I have skied no problem every other year, completely devoid of snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy