Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair to Grenoble

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am planning to fly to Grenoble later this month. My aim is to reach Les Arcs. I have two questions:

1. What is Ryanairs baggage restrictions for skis. It says on the website that is cost £15.50 per set of skis each way. But is that per ski bag. I have a normal pair of skis and some snowblades, will i get charged twice for this. In addition my ski bag can normally fit some of my ski gear in i.e. ski trousers and jacket etc. Will i be allowed to put these in this bag or do they have to go in with the rest of my luggage?

2. How easy is it to get from Grenoble airport to the train station. The website doesn't seem to clear.

Thanks for the help.

Andrew
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Andrew

I do this journey from Dublin all the time

Check out a bus company called Agbus Link here http://www.agbus.fr/index_en.html they have a bus from grenoble to bourg that seems to be timed with the flights - €45 single and €66 return - They also serve moutiers and aime

From dublin a ski bag is €30 ech way with Ryanair (possibly less if you book online - not sure what the official stance of ryanair is but my bag last week had a genorous ammount of ski gear in it and I wasn't charged extra.

How will you get to Les Arcs from Bourg - will you get there for the last funicular?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've flown with ryanair twice recently - not something I enjoy that much. Anyway both times i've paid for sports bag and taken a ski bag with 2 sets of skis plus loads of other stuff, plus boot bag, there is no check on what's in the ski bag, i think there is a potential 32KG limit, but that's high anyway. They may try and charge extra for boot bag but they shouldn't, I had to stand my ground on this with checkin staff but eventually got my way. Also if you have a helmet click it to your hand luggage or wear it, saves a load of space and ensures you know it ain't gettin knocked about. It does make you laugh that sports bag cost £15.50 can way 32kg that’s approx 50 pence a kg, the normal charge for excess is around £5 per kg – proves what a con that is.

Also note ryanair now have a priority boarding system where you cabin pay £2 to get a priority boarding pass to miss the bun fight that is normally boarding. HOWEVER flying out of stansted the week for first time with baby son in tow we didn't know about priority boarding and expected to get on priority as we had a baby. BUT the miserable woman at boarding insisted we should of read the small print that babies get no priority even though we paid £7 each way for baby, get no extra baggage allowance (hand or hold). So on way back from Salzburg we paid for priority boarding. But guess what...we get through boarding gate as priority only to get on a bus that then waits for everyone else to get on. Of course we get the plane and we're jammed in away from exit so get off bus almost last. When we do get on plane I had a right go at the ryanair staff but of course got no quarter given other than send a letter to Dublin to complain. I know ryanair are cheap and no thrills but that shouldn’t equate to no customer service, children certainly don’t fit their quick turn around business model. As a silent protest I made sure we got off the plane very very slowly at the other end.

Can’t help with grenoble trains. Have a good trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm just back from a weekend in Cervinia and flew with Ryanair from Glasgow Prestwick into Milan Bergamo (I do this quite a lot as my partner is Italian). I've been stung in the past with Ryanair and would NEVER give these guys any ammunition.

What I tend to do now, is buy a rectangular shaped bag, put all my ski things in, put my boots in a carrier bag each wrapped in a towel (which comes in handy later to rub off moisture when packing to go home) and put these on top of the ski things, close the bag and away you go (obviously mindful of the fact of the 15kg luggage allowance). I have taken my ski boots on as hand luggage before with no problems, but they can be a bit sticky about it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
crockadr, there is a bus every hour (on the half hour I think) from the Airport to down town Grenoble (45 mins) for five euros which terminates at the Grenoble Train/Bus station. But as pointed out above you may be better getting a bus directly to bourg. As an alternative option, from Grenoble bus station there is a good bus service to the Isere resorts (LDA 90 mins?, ADH 70 mins ? and onto S Chev 150 mins ?)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy