Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

caring for ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got round to looking at my boots on return from trip on saturday.
I want to put them away in the best possible condition, how do i best treat the liners i have up to now just remove from the boots to let them dry naturally I know any heat will distort them what is the best approach to avoid build up of smell bacteria etc?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When the inners are out give them a good spray with Febreze antibacterial, let them dry without getting too warm, then give them a bit of warmth, put the inners back and put the boots on and clip them up properly to make sure that everything is in the right place before they cool down. Finally store out of the light, in a cool place.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Burn them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jane L,

Thanks for that just bought the Febreze antibac and started the process.

laundryman, that did make me laugh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jane L, I know this sounds an odd add on question, but is there an easy way of getting the liners back into the boots - mine are new front entry boots too. The chap in the shop popped them in and out several times, but I wasn't taking note of the technique he used. I took one out and had such a fight to get it back in that I was kind of put off the idea of ever taking them out again. It seemed so stiff and inflexible and 'damageable' does it matter if you crumple it a bit getting in back in?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, putting your arm inside the liner, and pushing your arm into the boot seems to do the trick for me.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, mine go in easier if I take the insoles out, put the liners in, and then put the liners back in.

My boots get bunged in their bag, and then into whichever dark hole I can find to store them in. If you could weaponise them, they would be banned in most civilised countries. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum - I haven't fully mastered the technique of putting the inner back in yet , but I get plenty of practice. It's certainly much easier if the inner is very warm, but you must press the heel down well around the edges then get your foot in quickly. The time that hubby put them back for me hot and just left them with the sides squeezed together to cool was extremely uncomfortable, and they took months to recover their shape. Certainly it's easiest to take any insole out first.

I'm a dry slope skier, with a lot of uphill walking looking after a group of tinies every week, also every so often spend a full, hot day teaching, so my boots are in regular need of attention or they get very embarrassing. The inners come out about every two weeks now, about 50 or so times so far altogether, and they're still comfortable and they still fit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy