Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - Skiing companion for winter sports

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes, yes the Dome still exists and it's going to be taken over by my old namesake Harvey Goldsmith - which could mean the place finally makes sense, given his track-record.

I think we should fill the thing with gorgeous women and let DG Orf take his pick.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, best suggestion that I've heard for it yet, but can I just make one change, gorgeous skiing women wink

Mind you given the size of the dome, don't expect to here from me till Christmas Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But surely D G Orf, it needs resiting somewhere in the Swiss Alps.....forget the name of the place.....tip of my tongue....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GrahamN, 'The Resort FKA Wengen' .... 'tip of the tongue' .... doesn't bear thinking about wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GrahamN, don't think there's a location flat enough in Wengen for the dome, could probably find somewhere near Interlaken for it though

Well I've been going to the dry slope tice a week and whilst the number of single females has not increased, I think my skiing technique might be getting a little better so it's not a total loss after all Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, Who is Harvey Goldsmith and what will he be doing with it ?

Me no nothing,im from Jersey
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing technique definately improving, one fall last night whilst sideslipping, the binding got caught in a bit of wire projecting above the brushes Shocked Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anyone.....who is Harvey Goldsmith ??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Harvey Goldsmith?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There you go, a promoter of very MOR music.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, thanks.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
D G Orf, here are a few pics taken last night. I count 13 females and 7 males (+me taking the pics). Are you going to the wrong slope? wink snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alan Craggs, I think I must be, last night I counted 8 chaps including myself and no ladies Sad sorry there was one but she was married to one of the chaps and has I think a broken leg so wasn't actually on the slope
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes,

Not so much MOR music just that his heyday was with the big rock bands on the 70's and 80's.

He pretty much promoted everything going in music. Don't know what happened to him after that or why he has resurfaced
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alan Craggs, is that the only dry slope or are there others at that ski centre ?
ski holidays
Alan Craggs, the reason i ask that stupid question is we dont have any dry slopes in Jersey or the other islands and wondered if that ski centre only had that slope and if it got busy.

Do you know the population of the town it is in ? and the length of the slope..?
snow report
A random quote:
"For single folks, skiing groomers on tele skis is about the best way to meet the opposite sex since the puppy dog." Ski Magazine
latest report
33 pages... wow... Shocked
snow report
Dave J, Ah, I don't think I'm anywhere near fit enough for that Shocked

crazy_skier_jules, well at least it shows a level of determination, above and beyond that most males are willing to go to
latest report
Dave J, well funnily enough I'm going to dip a toe (or rather knee) in the dark side at MK's Big Fridge tele weekend in 2 days time wink Hope I survive Shocked

Chris Brookes, it's the Cardiff slope (see here) and it's our only one in the city. Population about 300-350,000. Gets very busy for a couple of months in the winter. Length overall about 100-110 metres I think.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 1-09-05 8:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Alan Craggs, large population compared to Jersey of 83,000. Thanks for the info
snow conditions
Alan Craggs wrote:
Dave J, well funnily enough I'm going to dip a toe (or rather knee) in the dark side at MK's Big Fridge tele weekend in 2 days time wink Hope I survive Shocked

So am I! I heard rave reports about the Castleford event.
See you there Very Happy
ski holidays
Dave J, bad news, I may have to go to Mumbai instead Sad All contingent on whether a visa comes through tomorrow. If the snowgods will it, I'll see you there! Have a great time if I don't make it anyway Cool
ski holidays
Alan Craggs,
I'll send you a postcard wink
ski holidays
Alan Craggs, having been to both I have to say I'd prefer MK. I never thought I'd say that.
snow report
I would definitely prefer MK to Mumbai - hate the place but then I love the cities it connects to like Cochin!
snow report
D G Orf, determination, yep, all good.
I have no determination to find a male... Confused The first one was an unprecedented disaster!
Julia
latest report
crazy_skier_jules, never mind you've quite a few years left yet Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mumbai it is folks. Have to make sure the hotel has internet access Toofy Grin

Have a good time Dave J, if you meet a guy called Dave Packer there I should have been with him, I expect he'll be slagging me off somewhat rolling eyes
snow conditions
D G Orf, on my 400th post, yes, I do still hope I have a few years left, whether anyone likes me is another thing. Oh well, I'll look on the brightside, there IS someone out there for me. (And for you too!)
Julia (yay the sun is shining!)
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, but soon it will get colder and colder (i hope)
latest report
Alan Craggs, have a good trip. The Kingfisher beer is OK and gin is gin whoever makes it. Have you been there before?? If not the Gateway to India, next to the Taj Hotel, is worth a visit.
latest report
kuwait_ian, thanks. No I have only stopped at the airport for an hour or so on the way back from Sri Lanka. Am I going to be on a beer and banana diet (+gin but no ice) for the duration? wink A small consolation is that BA are running an offer so I should get upgraded to First on the homeward trip Cool
snow report
Alan Craggs, go for it - nothing wrong with cooked foods like curry, breads, rice, veggies. Salads might not be so clever. Much depends on the hotel. India has come on in leaps and bounds in the past few years as regards wine and beer choices. But I'd always try a 'local' beer like Kingfisher as opposed to Fosters brewed under licence.
Ali Baba the 1st Class PJs if you get a chance. Like trackie bottoms with a long sleeved cotton top - very handy on a cold night.
latest report
Just to say that this thread is not dead yet Twisted Evil
snow report
any results then ?

if you get more than you can cope with send one(or 2) my way !
ski holidays
Royal, I have yet to see any serious results Sad but I keep on trying Laughing
ski holidays
D G Orf, darn!
yes but you still haven't found anyone have you? hehehehe Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, Not yet, but one day I hope to wink
snow report
It's only a matter of time.

The Orf Funkhouse is a renowned pick-up joint.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy