Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski tip for a female friend of mine.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey agian snowheads.

Ok so Ive got my skis, my gf has hers and now its time to help my friend get her skis.

My firend is about 174cm and Id guess (hope she doesnt read this Smile ) 70kg.

She is a good skier and very well schooled skier. Works alot with her technique and does it well. She loves to ski offpiset and loves to go on randonair (spelling?) tours. I would define her as a advanced skier but not a agressive skier. Her biggest problem is her head. She constantly works against her fear/"need of controll". This results in her not sking as agressivly or fast as her technique could allow her.

This specific set of skis she is lookin for is a pair that are ment for pist and easily accessible ofpist. She will be getting a separate set of randonair skis at some point.

So this means she is looking for something that is a 50/50 ski.

The ski should be stable in pist, no flopping allowed. But yet not too much work in pist or offpist as while she does have technique she doesnt have explosivly trained muscles but rather very endurance trained.

She has skied B2s. Liked them in the offpist but in pist she found them a bit floppy. Not sure this is a tendency of the B2s or if it was due to the fact that the edges wherent that sharp since they where prepared for offpist.

She has skied Legend 8000s. Liked them offpist but found them too much hard work in pist.

Lookin forward to reading your input.
Tex
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TexMurphy, Look at K2 which seem to have good line of women specific skis. MissD's if she is a good skier who can work a ski a little
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, Why the Miss D for someone who can work a ski a little?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

I just don't much prefer to see women or anyone else just sliding around on them/skis.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TexMurphy, Tell her to check out some of the Elan skis - maybe the Elan Wave Magic or one of the Magfires - according to reviews what I have read these are supposed to be excellent all mountain skis. I haven't heard anyone say a bad word about them. I've got the Magfire 10s and am itching to try them out in 2 weeks time. I read some reviews on one of the women's ski sites and they rated the Magfire 10s really well for the stronger woman. Definitely worth a look anyway. Don't seem to hear much about Elan over here compared with Salomon and K2. Dunno why.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
petemillis you dont happen to have the url to one of them womens ski sites so I can read the reviews?

I thought MissyD´s where a bit floppy in the pist.
Tex
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tex, here's a link direct to the discussion on Elan's offerings for the Ski Diva - http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682
You'll find some other useful stuff if you browse around the site. The Fire Magic is the women's version of the Magfire 8 - a bit softer. But for a strong skier then the Magfire 8 might be better anyway. It would be interesting to see more people demo them. The Elans seem to get overlooked even though they're usually at the forefront of ski developmentn - perhaps they need to work harder on their marketing!
I'll post links to some of the other women's sites when I find them again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree elan has always made great skis but never been "the thing to have"...

I think their signing of Glen Plake might have something to do with developing a new image...

Tex
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TexMurphy, that and the fact that GP's wife is a rippin skier too! She had some influence in the womens ski line at k2. I'm fairly eager to see what Elan is going to do with their woman's line with this new breath of fresh air.

SkiDiva has a lot of women who've demoed a lot of skis. This is a great resource. I'd consider the Volkl Attiva AC2 for your friend. Its stable, quick, and has that little extra pop of energy coming out of a turn. Definitely a ski for the intermediate who wants to become advance.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy