Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

On our way back from Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In Saint Quentin at overnight stop. Finished in Flaine at 4.00p.m this afternoon. Had a Grand Massif pass after watching the British School girls races (daughter competing) Monday Tuesday. Stayed for rest of week with family. Snow is grim. There is so much grass and there seems to be nowhere left for them to push from. We have no indication of weather forecast but can say the temperature and sun are wonderful - if you had snow of quantity underneath. +12 degrees in resort today. And the other thing is the queues at the main lift. Just about acceptable for a half term in Bulgaria but for a major French resort ? ...... I am being a little unfair as they are using such a small part of the resort that there are problems.

I left today before the lifts closed because my son wa firm in pointing out that the best of the day had gone and that we could increase the chances of injuries. Like April?

wE ARE DUE BACK OUT TO LES HOUCHES IN 2 WEEKS (AT HALF TERM) Do we cut our losses or go down on our knees with hands together? !!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was the snow even bad high up Alun? We went to Flaine just after Christmas and when we first arrived it was very bare and patchy on resort runs - but plenty of snow at the top. Were thinking we might go back at some point but you are putting me off!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alun Williams wrote:
And the other thing is the queues at the main lift. Just about acceptable for a half term in Bulgaria but for a major French resort ? ...... I am being a little unfair as they are using such a small part of the resort that there are problems.
!!!

Think you are, you will queue for the Grande Platieres gondola more often than not, esp between 10-2.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How did your appartment turn out? Sorry to see that due to the conditions, they could not run the GS or even run the SL on the Stade. The queues sound about the same as at xmas, we used to get the 1st lift up, then stay high and pack up at about 12 when the slopes and queues got too busy. Still it made for much more leisurely lunches than normal.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

wE ARE DUE BACK OUT TO LES HOUCHES IN 2 WEEKS (AT HALF TERM) Do we cut our losses or go down on our knees with hands together? !!!

We're in the same boat - due to go to Morillon on 1-7 March but I'm now looking at Canada (any info on Canada most welcome!)

Been to Morillon at Xmas and again in January but not been good either time - Don't let this put you off though. My hubby was there over the weekend and an instructor told him that 10 years there was no snow at all! Grand Massif is generally fab!!! Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
this may help - snow is on the way!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=147
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank Dog!

I was beginning to panic as well. It seems a little unfair when you have done so much research over the years as to where you can be guaranteed (as far as poss) snow and then you have a year like this!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gsb, The appartment was well presented and clean. The kitchen was well fitted. The outlook was superb. The lounge furniture a little tired but that really is being critical. The space was not large but better than a lot of Fench ski appartments. The building was quiet so the lift was almost like having a private lift! I wonder what Les Balcons d'Anaite in Les Houches will be like next week.

Regards, Alun Williams
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Doing a season in Flaine, I thought you would all like to know that yesterday we had about 6 inches of snow down here in Flaine village. God knows how much there is at the top but I can guarantee that there shouldn't be any sign of grass for a while.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
buckers, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
buckers, Fab
Can you make sure no-one skis on that snow so it's lovely for me when I arrive on Saturday.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
justacey, You may be in luck as the main gondola, the DMC, was not open today so the top was not that tracked. However I doubt it will stay closed all week, sorry, but we are expecting more snow!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy