Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Big White

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm looking for some advice on Big White for a ski holiday next year, probably in january. i've read a few threads on here but when I search for Big White I get every thread containing the word big or white, which is quite a lot Smile

I'm kind of undecided whether to book ahead and get cheap flights , accomodation and lift passes or wait until the last minute and get a package deal. The main problem with getting a package deal is getting a good deal from Scotland. I've been having a look at what is available for this year and I would have to travel to London to go to Big White which adds a lot of time and money to what was a cheap deal Sad

When I cost out the 2 options there isn't much difference in price so i'm swaying towards booking early and getting exactly what i want. what i wanted to know is;

If I leave the accomodation until nearer the time will i get a better deal than booking early?

How much are the early discount season passes? ( I read this tip from the other thread and I would probably go for 2 weeks)

How much does everyone else spend for 2 weeks here?

So far I think about £400 pp for flights, £600 for accomodation for 2, is it possible to get any cheaper than this?

Any tips/advice/nice places to stay etc.

Thanks snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can fly from Glasgow to Vancouver with Zoom have a look at zoom - then onwards to Kelowna on Westjet.

If you do DIY buy season tickets by mid September (exact date varies each year) - breaks even on about 10 days skiing, and gets you discounts on rentals, lessons, things from resort shops, etc too - Don't quote me but I think they were C$599 this season.

With a season ticket you do get special deals on the accomodation offered from time to time - but no guarantees obviously. It is possible to find places a bit cheaper through agencies like owner direct, particularly for larger groups, but for only 2 people then staying in one of the hotels is probably the most economical way to do it. If you're really on a budget - then there's actually a youth hostel in the resort too! There's a B&B too - which can save a little if you'd otherwise have breakfast out (but most of the hotel rooms have facilities to do your own breakfast anyway. All 3 of the hotels are really of a fairly similar standard - the Inn has a small swimming pool and hot tubs, the Chateau has hot tubs, White Crystal is the most central to other things and is truly ski to the door.

Other recent threads: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=539899 and http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=510371
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi zoe29, we've always gone with a package to Canada as it never seems to work out any cheaper for 2. I was quoted £1,100 this year for 2 weeks in Big White staying in the White Crystal Inn (Ski Independence). With a 10% discount through SCGB that brings it down to £1,000. As it is, we're having one week in Big White followed by one week in Sun Peaks which is a bit more expensive - works out about £1,200 each.

If you're going for 2 weeks definitely worth getting the early discount season pass. I can't remember how much it is but do know it's cheaper.

We stayed at the White Crystal Inn last year and it was fine - great location and nice bar/resaurant.

I don't think you'll get any last minute cheap packages to Big White - not many TOs go there and they don't seem to discount.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are currently in Canada and booking our accommodation as we go, we have not had any discounts from the advertised prices for booking last minute (with the exception of our incredibly good bargain for Chateau Lake Louise through Lastminute.com!!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zoe29, If you're interested, I could do you a deal on accommodation next Jan. We own a brand new luxury apartment out in BW, which will be available to rent next season. Ski-in/out and private pool. Not sure on prices yet, probably something like CA$200 p/n but we'll certainly offer a discount to Snowheads.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
uktrailmonster, we might be interested too, if you want to PM me details when you have them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Okanagan, No problem. We're going back in March, when our apartment should be complete. I'll send you some pics and details when we get back.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
uktrailmonster, where's your apartment located?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's just up from the Happy Valley Gondola on Snowbird Way. It's a new development named "The Raven". It's right next door to Snowbird Lodge.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy