Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there ANY snow at Kitzbuhel or Corvara at the moment?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have a week in Corvara from Feb 23rd, followed by 5 days in Kitzbuhel in March. All the webcams from Kitz look pretty bad - lots of brown "snow" (read dirt)! Sad

Has anybody been there recently and seen the snow?

Is there anywhere close to Innsbruk reachable by train that has a good snow base at the moment? Maybe we should go there instead. any help gratefully appreciated! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunmargo, cathy has just returned and in fact my mum returned from just down the road at Kitzbuhel. General impression is that things improved significantly over last week, but aren't great. Things are better higher up.

Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunmargo, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

We got back from Kitzbuhel last weekend, and although there was very little snow when we arrived the situation had greatly improved by the time we were leaving! Evil or Very Mad Some pictures and snow reports in this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=535963#535963

They're currently reporting 21 cms on the upper slopes, with a dusting of fresh snow yesterday and more to come. We were skiing at the end of the week on about 15cms (only 9.66 cms when we arrived) on the upper slopes and that was plenty - OK not all the slopes were open and off-piste was limited if that's your thing. Much less snow is needed to cover pasture land than rocks. I must admit the current web cam images showing the Horn don't look good, but there's plenty of good skiing over on the main Hahnenkamm/Penkelstein/Jochberg/Pass Thurn slopes.

By the beginning of March conditions should be fine, I certainly wouldn't cancel! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi
I am going out there next Wednesday 7th Feb. Although the forecast between now and then doesn't appear to show any new snow, hopefully there will be enough to get a few good runs going, or I'll just hop on a bus or train to somewhere where there is a decent amount.

I'll try and report what its like on my return.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gilbern74, as you can see in my report you can get to the glacier at Kaprun in an hour & 20 mins by train & ski bus. If you do go, make sure you get the train from the Kitzbuhel station not the Kitzbuhel Hahnenkamm station (almost a Embarassed ). Have fun!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where are you staying in Covara. Do you know what the snow's like there?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy wrote:
Gilbern74, as you can see in my report you can get to the glacier at Kaprun in an hour & 20 mins by train & ski bus. If you do go, make sure you get the train from the Kitzbuhel station not the Kitzbuhel Hahnenkamm station (almost a Embarassed ). Have fun!

Thanks cathy. I followed your report and photos on the other forum/thread. Very informative + good work. Hope I can be as informative and helpful when I get back!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi

We just got back from the Dolomites, and conditions overall were good, with all pistes open, generally firm. We were skiing at Pedraces / La Villa on Friday and conditions there were excellent, as across the whole Alta Badia area.

That said, it was quite warm, so I think they could do with a top-up or at least a cold snap before you go. I would guess you would be ok.

Out of interest, how do you get to Corvara from Innsbruck? We were staying in Arabba, flying into Treviso which was ok, but might fly to Innsbruck next time.

Cheers,

Ant
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Ant and Cathy. Great pictures Cathy! Is a red run the easy slopes? didn't think the beginners would like skiing on grass too much! I tried it in the 70's - too hard on the knees!! wink

Trevor we're staying at the Villa Trieste in Corvara. The depth seems to be 80 - 90 cms on the mountain which is a pretty good base. 12 cms at Kitzbuhel still worries me.

Ant - We have a friend driving us to Innsbruk from Corvara, so no help on the flights sorry. Maybe you could go into Bolzano?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks-I've found a room at Garni Rusada Col Alt 98. I haven't been to the area before and wondered if it was in a reasonable position for ski school ,lifts etc or whether there is some reason why it seems to be the only place with availability.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got back from Kitzbuhel last night. Snow was fine just some of the steeper blacks that needed more snow on them due to their steepness. Definitley a ski friendly rather than snowboard friendly resort - runs felt pretty short and longe rones all had significant flat bits in them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy