Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How best to use 12 weeks skiing….

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'll start by apologising for I am a very lucky woman - my nice (?!) employers have agreed to let me have next January, February and March off work.

I want to use this time to ski (and have a break from it all and have fun) – but more importantly, as this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance, to improve my skiing.

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding exactly what to do because I'm anxious to make the best of the time, and I'd love some help from you guys if you're willing.

I'm favouring Canada as a destination but am not sure whether to do instructor training (c11 weeks) to give me focus and have everything neatly arranged, a shorter improvement course (c6 weeks) and then practise, or just book accommodation and ski/do shorter courses. Companies I've looked at so far include Non Stop Ski, Base Camp Group, and Peak Leaders.

I can get down most stuff upright but not always with style nor always anywhere resembling the fall line, gone all the way through ski school, done a couple of off-piste courses, currently ski 4-5 weeks a year.

I would be soooo grateful for any thoughts from all you knowledgeable folk Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are serious about skiing day after day and push yourself, you will improve and the locals will respect seeing you out everyday, you'll end up a better skier and you'll recieve advice from them, too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try Whistler, and get yourself the pass that allows unlimited access to lessons, then do the Supergroups, Dave Murray camp and Extremely Canadian courses that run through the season
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you must have a great boss snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow_rat,
I've been doubly lucky and spent 2 seasons just skiing (and drinking!) in Whistler.
As nbt says get the unlimited lesson pass (platinum pass) then do Dave Murray Camps Monday Tuesday Wednesday, then Extremely Canadian the other days (didn't like supergroups much). The coaches that do both courses are a great bunch (on and off the mountain). Best CA$4000 (a bit more this year) you could spend.

I had no intention of doing instructor training - I'm sure it's good for you, but I reckon the combination of focused technical training plus pushing yourself terrain wise is likely to improve your all-round skiing faster (and IMO is much more fun). You also get to ski with a huge number of different people, so it's really social - lots of them are now friends who we ski with every year. I am also _really_ not cut out for instruction Little Angel

I managed to ski pretty much everyday last season as I was only there for 3 months (except for a few days out travelling to France (to go skiing of course)), but it was a bit more relaxing the year before when I took a day off every week and gave me time to chill a bit and do some stuff I'd not had time/motivation to do whilst at work.

Careful though - once you start doing seasons it's difficult to stop, a week holiday after that is almost not worth bothering about!! wink
No season this year (just 4 weeks skiing) and all I spent last week doing (when I was in Whistler) was how I could do another one!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks x lots for the replies

pinhead you've not seen me ski, the locals might point and laugh!

nbt Ah, I hadn't heard of this pass. Another option, and a good one. Would mean sorting accommodation separately which is a slight pain but I'm sure can't be hard. Skied in Whistler last season and loved it.

jase2472 Smile Well, it's not like they'll be paying me

stuarth Lucky indeed! That pass idea has my interest, though the structure and companionship of a long course does also appeal.
Where did you stay in Whistler?
I hope you get to do another season soon!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We daily skibums might laugh but we also recognize who's in the pow line every rope drop and who isn't, and that gets respect.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy