Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I've been Easiskied :shock:

Poster: A snowHead
I’ve just returned from L2A where I had 2 lessons with Easiski.

Many people here have already eulogised here about the excellence of her ski instruction and to many readers it may appear that they are patronizing her. She is after all a charming person who contributes greatly to the snowHead experience.

I have joined the band of idolisers; I don’t like mimicking FTS Laughing but she in a relatively short period of time tranformed my skiing and more importantly my feel for what is going on.

Even now, I’m not quite sure how she did it. Like all instructors ( and I’ve had more than most in the last couple of seasons) she has her own style which is based upon simplicity. I assume she has excellent analytical ability because she decided very quickly what I needed to work on.

She decided, I later learned, that I needed to work on my ankle flex, knee rotation and arm control (it seems stupid but I had this 100% wrong!!) we went through a number of very ‘easy’ exercises on each challenge before bringing the learning all together. It would be unfair of me to outline them all but they were simple and I knew as I went through each one that I was improving facets of both my knowledge and ability.

How do I know that I improved? Firstly after the first day I didn’t need either knee brace or support on Day 2! That is a first as I usually have to wear them on Day 2. Secondly our last run was down a Red/Blue and that is the first time I have ever genuinely carved terrain that difficult – I usually crash around with a series of linked ‘hockey stops’ Embarassed AND I was playing with my edge and knee control. For the first time, I really was in control!

My only regrets are that I could have done with another couple of days to consolidate what I had learnt and that I hadn’t skied alone yesterday morning for 3 1/2 hours without practising more what I had learnt. (knackered by lunch, I’m afraid)

Easiski again, Thanks very much. An amazing experience , and I am still giggling.

To the rest of you ---- get out to L2A, the only way to find out what you’re missing is to get easiskied!

The Outtakes
- Easiski to me having seen me ski for the first time –“ Do you rememeber when I wrote about someone’s skiing not being ‘irretrievable?’ Embarassed
- My falling over on my first turn of my first exercise – at least then she knew I was crap Embarassed (my only fall in the last 2 days, honest!)
- Easiski to me for not edging– ‘These metal bits , they’re called edges …use them’ Embarassed
- Easiski to me (still not edging enough) – ‘If you don’t use the edges you might as well go and get cheap skis’ Embarassed ( waaagghhh – I lurve my skis)
- Les Deux Alpes has currently stunning snow (contrary to rumour) and great weather
- Lutins Hotel is dirt cheap (€35 per night) . perfectly adequate and a great location
- Great to meet Rayscoops and friend, shame about my head today Embarassed
- The next snowHead to stay in the Lutins is welcome to the full carafe of Red that we left on the bar counter last night Embarassed
- If you are on the A7 be careful about the speed cops around Orange – it will add significantly to the cost of your lessons Embarassed (In my defense (pathetic) , I was late as I had to do something before I left home as I had originally planned to go via Chamonix). Also added back all the time my ‘speeding’ had saved Embarassed

Easiski – Thanks Again – I’ll be back. Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oddly enough, I was looking at L2A today for just that reason (The Aalborg with Neilsen looks good). However, Mrs.TT has a "significant" birthday next year and wants to go to Florida in the summer, so I guess the 07/08 season will consist of the EoSB and if I'm lucky the MSB for me. Of course, I might get easiski'd on the EoSB this year, but I would be more than happy to be Euan'd again instead Wink

See you in February 09, Charlotte? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre, Bl**dy hell E! Thanks for the kind words, and even the (mis)quotes! Very Happy Well done on the thuit red.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
well.. I guess I know what I'm doing next year at the EoSB..

one rule - no video cameras!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agenterre, oooh Deja Vu. I can feel you smile. Its a good feeling isn't it. I really like the bits about the knees. Well done Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Perhaps we ought to get some t-shirts made?
Quote:
I've been Easiskied!
Or perhaps a badge? I know that firefly was quite dissapointed not to get a badge after his lessons with Charlotte. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, But then I'd have to put my prices up wouldn't I? Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, No problem. It's exactly as I found it. Only you know what you did!

The mis-quotes? Sorry Embarassed but grains of truth in them all wink Then again I didn't mention easiski advising me that "She isn't the best skier in the world' and me thinking to myself 'Well, that makes me one of the worst then !' Embarassed

Frosty the Snowman, Yep, I had obviously read what you had written and,yes, I am still smiling. I must have had 40-ish private lessons and I feel as if I made a major step-change - and I had become accustomed to expecting slow improvement. Whether my own attitude was anything to do with it - I doubt it.
My only problem with my knees was when I went wrong on my own and found a rather nasty little red -- it doesn't help if you can't read piste maps rolling eyes wink

RoboGeek, Yes, book the lady up! She undoubtedly uses more simple 'language' than what I have seen our US cousins write here. She had a camera with her but I don't think she could hold it steady while laughing!

TallTone, Saw , but didn't meet, Euan at L2A. Obviously easiski reccomended him but if you like simple, clear instruction get out there. One of the nice things about easiski, in L2A is that she is obviously integrated into the local infrastructure, highly respected by the locals(and 2 or 3 told me so) and also by the French instructors. As a francophile I found that very impressive.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[composes an email to book lessons] Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jonm, I am sure Agenterre, feels the smame way: I thought I knew what carving was, but i didn't. I do now, and the it is a great rush. I am not saying I am good at it, but I recognise when I am doing it poorly. The other thing is the balance. The adjustments seemed easy and minimal but the resulting improvements in balance and efficiency are just superb.

A new chaper in my life has been opened (okay that is a bit steep, but it sounds good Laughing )

Lets not get carried away though, there are many great instructors out there. Iit just happens that certain instuctors have a mighty high success rate in the experiences of SnowHeads.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, I think personal recommendations are worth a lot, and I've seen a good few on here now.

But I'm out of luck, the week we're there clashes with easiski's Over 50's week.

Can anyone recommend any other teachers/ski schools in L2A?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jonm, Lie about your age Very Happy

Send a PM to Easiski for others recommendations. ESI instructor called Euan has also had excellent feedback from many SnowHeads
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jonm, If you read above, several snowHead s have also skied with Euan at the EOSB; I'm sure easiski, (and others) will come up with some options when she is back tonight.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 2-02-07 14:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jonm,

Fred is also very good... but is "interesting" .... if Charlotte thinks you'd like him he is a good bet.... but you do NOT say no to Fred.... Wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Euan is at the European ski school in Les Deux Alpes. He's getting quite busy on the basis of personal recommendations as well. wink Laughing
latest report
I can recommed that you don't get Euan drunk. he may be a great skier, and an excellent instructor, but is a huge PITA when shedded Laughing
EDIT: Meant in the nicest possible way Smile

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 2-02-07 17:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked

jonm, I've emailed you. Very Happy Very Happy

Euan is very good, so are Robin and James, also Gerald (french), Luca (Italian) - all working for the European ski school. Julia (German) at the International ski school is also very good and very sweet.

On the ESF side, Fred Brenon is very good but deadly serious (suits little tiger,) in addition there is Mark (English), Thierry (who does summer animation, don't know his family name), and most of the young guys.

Also there is Olivier at Bliss Snow School - mainly snowboard, but does ski a bit (and is very cool, with baggy pants rolling eyes)

All of the non-native english speakers mentioned above do speak fluently or almost fluently. Very Happy
latest report
Agenterre, I have been there and can't wait to get back for more snowHead
ski holidays
New on-line party game if Easiski ever is sitting twiddling her thumbs waiting for the snow: Shocked : email in quotes from Easiski lessons to a 'middle person' who forwards them unidentified and see if Easiski can identify which pupil they were from? I for one got some unforgettable reminders of improving my technique that should usefully stay in my head for a fair while yet. Madeye-Smiley

Or for those who get to the MSB or EOSB or other similar meets an icebreaker to match memorable instructor quotes to person? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Agenterre, I would just like to point out to all that I had nothing to do with leaving any red wine go to waste, if you remember I was drinking beer, and if you don't remember (more probably) I was drinking beer ! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy