Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bohinj in Slovenia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, sorry that my second post is a question, Actually, it's lots of questions! but I've found what looks to be a cracking holiday in Slovenia. I'd appreciate any comments from people who have been to the area & if you think it will be suitable for an adult boarder who's had a week of lesons, an intermediate skiier, who is perfectly capable on reds, but much prefers nice easy flat wide blues and a 6yr old who has no fear and does everything in slowplough. Also what are the lifts like? are the drag lifts (if any) user friendly for kids as well?

Lots and lots of different runs isnt a priority, I'm looking for some simple nicely covered piestes where we can practice what we all learned at ski school 3 weeks ago in Andora before we forget it all!! Laughing

Thanks very much
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nellie, We were in Bohinj about 30 years ago---stayed in a hotel up on the mountain-- I forget what it was called...but loved it -- my daughter learned to ski there.
We went with Yogotours--at that time-- I don't think it exists anymore-- I mean the travel company nor the country of Yugoslavia!--as the region is Slovenia now.

So I can't provide any up-to-date information-- but I remember the people were very friendly and almost everybody speaks English..

Have a lovely time! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nellie, I have never skied that area, but I did hiking there in the summer. Bohinj, and especially the other lake (Bled) nearby has a beautiful view.
The ski resort is called Vogel (bird in English) named after the peak of the resort.
Here is the map of the resort:

http://www.vogel.si/zima_en.htm

All the pistes and lifts seem to be open, most of the runs are marked blue. Snow condition seems to be OK, 90 cm on the top.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Nellie, I was in Bohinj around about 4 years ago. I really liked it, because it was peaceful and very pretty mountain scenery. I skied only on Vogel because Kobla, Bohinj's other area was shut. I managed to entertain myself there for three or so days and sure you could have a very enjoyable time. I'm pretty much an intermediate skier who's also happiest on wide cruisy blues. I can't really comment about suitability for borders as I can't remember what kinds of lifts they have there. It would be good for kids as it's a small friendly place, where it would be hard for them to get lost in the crowds. On the Vogel piste map, about half of the runs are graded blue difficulty (or 'pretentiousness') as it is amusingly translated.

Julieanne has it completely right about the people - very friendly, and excellent English. The really nice thing about going there is you feel you're somewhere a little bit different. The food was very good from what I remembered - just the usual central european stuff - ie, lots of grilled meats and fish, pastas, pizzas etc.

I wonder whether you might want to consider getting a car though, with your small children. I remember the ski buses were good but not as frequent as you might have come to expect if you've been skiing a lot in other parts of europe. however, things may have changed in these last four years.

Here are some websites you might like to try:
http://www.vogel.si/ (that's one ski area of Bohinj) and
http://www.bohinj.si/kobla/en/naprave.html (that's the Kobla runs - the other area).

Let us know how you get on
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Take a look at my report from last year: http://www.snowheads.co.uk/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=440977&highlight=bohinj#440977

it's small but as long as you expect that you should be fine, very friendly, very cheap, very easy Happy

aj xx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy