Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sun Screen - where do you buy yours?

Poster: A snowHead
Is it cheaper to buy sun screen here, or once we're over there. It's been a while since i was skiing in the alps and i've forgotten where's cheapest. Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HERE! You get screwed over half way up a mountain !
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, I usually buy mine here (but then I work in a pharmacy). If I forget, there'a loads out there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tesco's or Boots when there is a 3 for 2 offer.

Never buy the branded stuff

Nadenoodlee, sounds like fun wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One thing I would say is that the French pharmacy products although wildly expensive do the job really well!

I would especially recommend the aftersuns which turned me from beetroot one evening to normal in the morning after a few applications and must have worked because it stung too! Shocked

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 1-02-07 13:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try online first.

If you buy it offline, then try the BOGOF specials at Boots, Tesco etc.

Buy the best brand, and the highest factor, you can afford. One should never economize on sun protection.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold, never had a problem with Tesco's or Boots own - seems to the job equally as well as the pricey stuff. And I burn easily so would be the first to know if it didn't !

Agree about the high factor
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
'Lipsalve' UK price £2.50
La Plagne Centre in the Pharmacy €7 Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My top tip: buy stuff which doesn't bring you out in an oozing rash all over your face.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boots do a squashy pack that fits in a pocket and is plenty for a week of faces! Factor 30 at least Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Piz Buin Mountain Cream is brilliant.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
but if you buy here don't pack it in your carry-on when flying if it's more than 100ml as otherwise the gate staff will be having it...fear of you whipping it out mixing it with your lip salve and hey-presto an instant thermonuclear device...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You get more choice here (in Boots). Cool

However, I find factor 50+ still gives me a dodgy goggle tan. It must be wind-burn, not sun-burn! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowy, not with the Piz Buin stuff you don't.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boots are doing a BOGOF on Ambre Solaire Ski products at the moment but i agree with Helen Beaumont, Piz Buin is the best around
snow report
I find it's cheapest to forget to buy sun-screen. If I need it, someone I'm skiing with is bound to have some. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just get a balaclava
latest report
I reckon Piz Buin is as good as it gets. But other reputable makes are OK. Despite price, I don't like big tubes - they are more to carry with you when you are skiing.
snow report
I have recently stocked up on No7 suncream. I wouldn't normally buy this as it's expensive, but due to a glitch in Boots lately, I managed to get 6 bottles for the price of 1!! Bargain. I bought 6 of the factor 25 face one-it's a ncie little squeezy tube that'll be perfect for the slopes
snow conditions
achilles, yep, me too. But do you know where to get some lip stuff - I like the taste and broke my last one !
snow report
Here - I suss out the shops round about March, and get the highest factor I can for the best offer/price I can find, regardless of brand - Often do a BOGOF or 3 for 3 in boots, superdrugs or tescos. I also don't worry too much about them being a year or so out of date if they don't get used - they still seem to work, and when I look at the ingredients I can't see a good reason why they should go off - I've never been burned by an out of date one yet, but I see plenty of folks burned by the price that some seem prepared to shell out. Cheapest we ever got was in pound stretchers, F35 and it seemed to do as good a job as any other
latest report
As for lip stuff, I treat myself to Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip balm in the airport. The lads get whatever is about, but funnily enough, it is my lip balm that always disappears.
ski holidays
lampbus, I use Piz Buin sun lipstick. Can't say I've got high on the taste.

Helen Beaumont, It's OK for you to ask for Elizabeth Arden lip balm. The lads couldn't possibly. Obviously, it's OK to con some off you, once you've bought it. wink
snow report
achilles, obviously, and it does taste nice. IF I buy the tinted ones though, strangely enough, no-one uses them. Confused
snow report
made the mistake of only using sunscreen on the first morning. My face is now v.red and peeling and I have huge cold sores on my lip and chin. That'll lern me Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
halfhand, that's very nasty. Use aloe gel and E45 (or other unperfumed moisturiser) on it.
snow conditions
halfhand, try some Johnsons baby lotion. when my mum got 3rd degree burns from the sun, the doctor told her this was the best thing-it works a treat
ski holidays
A word of warning - I used up a bottle last summer from the previous year and got very burnt - it must have been past its sell by date but no dates on bottles. Safer to buy new every year.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
halfhand, Consider Biafine, if you are in a French resort. When I had bad sunburn - a long time ago - it was available in France without prescription, and very effective.
ski holidays
Grow a beard, its free Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
IF I buy the tinted ones

Good tactic there! Laughing

I just get stuff from tesco or whatever - i do buy Labello lip balm in resort tho - it's worth the money, brill stuff.
snow report
Jeraff, I shall try that immediately.
latest report
€11 for a 20ml pocket tube of lippy/slop in my local shop Shocked
ski holidays
The boots kids stuff (f30) in squishy packets is great and usually £1 a pack on a special offer - fits in any pocket to take out on the slopes with you too.

aj xx
snow report
Nip down to JJB's. Bath store had blockhead cream and lipsalves on offer 3 weeks ago, as they are getting rid of ther ski stuff completely. They were charging 20p for it. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy We've used it before and it's pretty good stuff.
snow conditions
try P20 which is a liquid you put on 30 minutes before going outside and it bonds to your skin, doesnt sweat off and is great stuff. i think you can buy on line but dont have a link
latest report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Snowy, not with the Piz Buin stuff you don't.

I have bought Piz Buin mountain cream from both terminal 4 Heathrow and Manchester Arndale Boots stores...honest!
ski holidays
I bought mine from Tesco - the SPF25 ski product (in a small tube). Smelt lovely (very Hawaain Tropic Wink and skin seemed to like it too. Then Nivea lipscreen.
ski holidays
If going on plane, why not buying Lancaster from the airport. Their lipbalm, water resistant and SPF 25 and facial cream are wonderful. Add in the basket their Tan Maximizer after sun in gel form (not creme apaisante) which you can use for face after the day out. That should do the trick.
ski holidays
Buy it in the summer from tesco when its 3 for 2. then xfer to a small container when on piste.

By the time I have hat , helmet goggles etc on you dont really need very much anyway!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy