Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

car hire geneva - les saisies - snow chains/tyres??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - I know it's been asked before but i can't find the thread. I need to hire a car from geneva to get to les saisies 24th-31st March. We intend to hire from the swiss side as it's been the simplest to access in the past. My question is can anybody recommend a particular car hire agency and what do we need to do in terms of snow chains/tyres? Lots of the sites I've looked at list the chains and tyres as extras which really bump up the headline price. My husband seems to think snow tyres will already be fitted and chains may not be necessary in late March when we're only going to Les Saisies........what do you think? Sorry to go over old ground but any advice much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loatie from the swiss side we've used avis a number of times and always had chains and snow tyres (i think these are a legal swiss requirement in winter)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This season I've used ebookers.com as they've been the cheapest for hiring from the Swiss side (allocated cars from Avis, Alamo or Hertz). I never pay extra for winter equipment, but all the cars come with winter tyres and most of the time with chains (once there were no chains in the car, but with winter tyres this didn't worry me too much).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, I have followed Rob's advice and have found nothing cheaper Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
loatie, you must have chains. If you don't, and your journey coincides with mammoth snow fall (not at all unlikely, March was incredibly snowy last year, we had metres of snow, falling heavily for days) the police will stop you getting up to the resort if you don't have chains. The road up to Les Saisies in not particularly steep but so far this year I have needed chains twice (the twice it has snowed) to drive safely up from Geneva, through Notre Dame de Bellecombe. I have four new Michelin Alpin snowtyres and was losing traction so stopped to put the chains on rather than risk joining the several cars which had already ended up in ditches along the way, or were being recovered expensively on the back of breakdown trucks. Specify that you want chains when you book, check they are there, and if they are not, ask for them and pay the extra. If the weather is such that you are likely to encounter snowy roads (you'll know by the time you fly) practice putting on the chains in the car hire parking space. Then take them off and hope for the best. If you have chains, and have practised, you can be sure the road will be dry the whole time! But being stuck in a hazardous spot covered in snow, trying to put on chains for the first time is absolutely not a fun way to start your holiday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree with pam w def get chain - for the fantastic snow WE ARE GOING TO GET!!!!!!

We book with carhire 3000 and find them great. They use Avis, Budget and Hertz and you just collect as normal. If you email them and request Collision Waiver Excess it costs about an extra £20 but my brother reversed into a wall and when he returned the car had to pay Avis £500. He then claimed all this back through carhire 3000 - Been using them ever since!

And last week my hubby got upgraded from a corsa to a 7 seater people carrier!!! How good is that!!! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy