Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes le Lac, Snow storm, ESF clothing & Trespass

Poster: A snowHead
When I was in Tignes the other week it snowed one day, and with most of the chair lifts (that I saw) in Espace Killy not having a canopy of any sort, the chair seats were of course wet and after a while I felt that my backside was getting damp.

And so to the point of this post.

I noticed that, on that day, a lot of the ESF instructors were wearing a knee length, sleeved cape type of thing over the top of their normal ski wear, which seemed to button up the front from just below the waist to the neck, so that when they sat on a chair lifts...well they weren't sat in any puddles, thus not getting a damp backside! This 'cape' also had a large hood in which to escape the weather.

Question.
Where can I get something like this cape from?

I thought it was manufactured by Trespass, so today I asked in my local Trespass shop.
The shop assistant had never seen one but asked the shop manager, the manager also said he/she never seen one either but asked for more details & my name and contact number, and would contact 'head office' later this afternoon.

Within 45 minutes someone ("I run the Trespass distribution for the UK") from their head office phoned me about my inquiry:
UK Trespass - "never seen one in the UK but it may be a French Trespass product, can I pass you over to my counterpart on France?"
Me - "sure if he/she speaks English",
UK Trespass - "she speaks English very well Sir, I'll just pass you though, thanks",
moments later,
FR Trespass - "Hello Mr Scud, I understand you are...it may be a product produced locally for ESF...I'll ask my local manufactures/distributors...We'll get back to you in the next few days...see if we can find one or the source for you".

What good customer service.
I feel its worth commenting when you feel that you've had really good helpful service like this.
No cape yet, but we'll see.
Full marks to Trespass.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Little Red Riding Scud?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scud,

The capes are manufactured by KEELA or GUYCOTTEN. Sorry i don't have any web addresses.

Rossignol also sell a cape which is available in good retail outlets at about 300 euros. Pretty expensive but on a bad weather day FANTASTIC.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scud, I was actually wondering about them too when I was there last year. it seemed pretty practical for when the weather was really bad, so if you find anything out, can you let me know.
Thanks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, I'll huff and I'll puff and I blow...oh wrong character.
stewart woodward, Thanks for the info. Sorry I never made it to the Apaker (spelling) on the Tuesday evening. Good week though.
jml, will do.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can contact Keela through the snowShops I believe (see snowbase link above) which if you mention snowheads will result in a little something to help support snowheads
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, you really ought to drop that fantasy *right* now. Trust me - I can see him from my desk.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually we retail Keela stuff so I'll get onto them tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have it on good authority that the only reason that the ESF guys need to wear the capes is because their (very expensive for them to buy, very cheaply made in China, huge mark up for the ESF) uniforms are so rubbish at keeping out the snow and cold weather. wink Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scud wrote:
I noticed that, on that day, a lot of the ESF instructors were wearing a knee length, sleeved cape type of thing over the top of their normal ski wear, which seemed to button up the front from just below the waist to the neck, so that when they sat on a chair lifts...well they weren't sat in any puddles, thus not getting a damp backside! This 'cape' also had a large hood in which to escape the weather.

ESF instructors everywhere seem to have these capes. They hide the knees and thighs nicely.

Personally, I love the way that they enhance the transparency and subtlety of the instructor's body movements to the pupils. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've just spoken to Keela and, unfortunately they make them bespoke for the ESF, to their design, and so can't sell them to the general public.
Does anyone want to approach the ESF on it?... stewart woodward? Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Go stewart woodward go.
Or do I have to go back to France for a week to ask the ESF myself!
now there's a thought... Smile

flight...check
transfer...check
chalet...check
lift pass...check
time off work...Doh
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've heard ESF also have a nice line in jackets with fur-trimmed hoods....... Have you seen these ones, Stewart? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin wrote:
I've just spoken to Keela and, unfortunately they make them bespoke for the ESF, to their design, and so can't sell them to the general public.
Does anyone want to approach the ESF on it?... stewart woodward? Wink

Sorry guys you have to have a 'carte syndicate' to buy any bespoke ESF gear.

The Rossignol jackets are listed under Softgoods Race.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 1-02-07 13:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy wrote:
I've heard ESF also have a nice line in jackets with fur-trimmed hoods....... Have you seen these ones, Stewart? Toofy Grin

These are supplied by www.avalancheskiwear.com a Canadian company which supplies uniforms etc to the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance and this year to the ESF in Tignes.

The fur-trimmed jackets( ref ssu08) are very warm but this season maybe a little too toasty Blush
snow report
Capes which stop your bum getting wet on chairlifts????? What's wrong with waterproof salopettes? Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy