Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Norway, Trysil...Anybody been

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm a new snowhead, but been an avid skiier and boarder for 15 years, wonder if anyone can help...

Our family is considering Norway this year, havent booked yet due to conditions al over Europe, for several reasons outlined below, and have specifically chosen Trysil because...

Trysil seems more ski in ski out than other resorts in Norway

Looks good family resort, we have 3 kids, 11 (Skiis), 4 and 2, the 4 yr old will hopefully be learning this year, so we need a kind of ski kindergarten.

Conditions in Norway seem better this year than man alpine resorts

Flights are quick, transfer only 2 and 1/2 hrs

Looks uncrowded during the week

English speaking instructors

V godd value for money, I am reckoning on DIY price of around £1500 all in for the 5 of us!!!

Only negative I can see is price of food.drinks when we get there.

Any information on Norway / Trysil in particular would be much appreciated, cheers Blush Neilkav.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
neilkav, Hi and welcome. I went to Norway a couple of years ago but Geilo not Trysil. Food and drink is very expensive, so much so that it really killed any Apres Ski where I stayed. Generally the hotel bar was empty at night.

Geilo (and I think most Norwegian resorts) is not really large, high or steep but good fun all the same for a week. Tuition is good, everyone seems to speak English and my daughter (8 at the time) progressed well and enjoyed her lessons.

Daylight hours can be an issue, straight after New Year it was only light from around 9.30 - 3.30. Shouldn't be so bad later in the season though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy