Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A resort for Mixed group of skiers and non skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a suitable resort for next year 2nd week of march to take both sets of parents (2 complete beginners / 2 non skiers(babysitters)) and a 10month old baby along with my wife and i who are experienced skiers.

We are looking for options more oriented towards our parents as if they like it they will come again hopefully, so it needs to be somewhere good for beginners (both around 60) and for the Non skiers to walk around the town ,catch a lift with the baby upto to meet the rest for lunch etc or watch us ski, along with being nice an d picturesque

we are open for suggestions but the wife doesn't want to go to Austria. Also would prefer to try and get a catered chalet as it will be easier with baby and parents

have considered

Les gets
Alpd'huez
cortina
Madonna
Saas fee
Val d'ise

any help would be grateful or other suggestions
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wengen.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not been to Wengen but of would recommend Cortina
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpe d'Huez, although it's not what you'd call picturesque. Lots to do for non-skiers, easy pedestrian access to at least two/three mountain restaurants, great varied beginner area for the olds. Pedestrian access to the top of Pic Blanc for the view as well. NOT Val d'Isere - pricey, poor for beginners.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Our old haunt, La Clusaz? Plenty of instruction and easy slopes, gondolas up to Beauregard and Fernuy for mountain cafes (you can get a "pedestrian pass" for 6 of the gondolas & chairlifts with a free hot drink at the top). Lovely old French town with proper market one day each week, good restaurants and several "events" throughout the year - see their website. The Aravis chain is very pretty, and you can go to Mont Blanc, Annecy or Geneva for the day if you wish. You can stay in the valley, or up on top at the Croix Fry (my choice !)
Have a super holiday together wherever you go, and hope it all works out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
acanno, HappyMouffe and I have been to Saas Fee - we are both skiers but of all the places I've been I think Saas Fee has the most non-skiing activity. Rather high altitude and the on slope eateries aren't very good (certainly none of the ones we tried).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
acanno,
You can't do chalets in Davos as far as I know but for the other criteria it is pretty good. The valley is lovely to walk around and the skiing is very good, there are lots of other winter sports activities to watch. It has a good snow record for that time of year without being too high for uncomfortable sleeping. Our most successful destination with non skiing grandparents. The nursery slopes are at village level but are pretty snow sure at this time of year.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for your help I will have a closer look at some of these
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
acanno, did exactly what you are looking to do at Christmas (2 non skiing baby sitters - thought i was the only one to have this luxury). We went to Zell am see and had a great time. On the advice of this forum I have booked alped'huez for next year also.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Regarding alp d'huez

Does anybody how well the lower slopes (presuming beginners) will hold in a normal season mid march, as although relatively high they are south facing.

Also how far is the altiport area away from the Town as it looks like some of the better chalets are up there, but don't want it to be too far so Grandmother / babysitter can walk down and watch some of the others ski.

Also how long to drive to Alp d'huez from Calais?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy