Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Air Canada Ski Luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone travelled with Air Canada before with Ski Luggage?
Need advice on Ski Luggage charges pre-booking etc, had a scan on the Air Can website but it's pretty sketchy when it comes to ski carriage.

Thanks all!.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we went with them 3 years ago mind you, we were all allowed two pieces of luggage each, skis in bag counted as one. Had no problems. They will have a bit on the web site about sports equipment.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flew with them last year, we were limited to 2 pieces of hold baggage, not exceeding 36kg each. So a massive 72kg each, per person. So we put all of the skis in one huge pro ski bag, and some of the boots in cases.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we've flown with them no problems. skis & boots in separate bags count as one piece of luggage, suitcase counts as your other piece
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, That's not right. It's 2 bags each but only 23 kg per bag i.e total 46 kg (economy). It's still a reasonable allowance. One bag can be substituted for a ski bag instead. I had no problems with them last year. Be careful with hand baggage though. Air Canada allow 2 bags of 10 kg each, BUT most airports only allow 1 bag through security. I've seen that screw many people at airports.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
uktrailmonster,

I flew Business Class. Got a free upgrade. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, Ok, that makes a big difference! Business is actually 3 checked bags, 32 kg max per bag, total not exceeding 69 kg. If you travel Business on any airline, checked baggage allowance is never an issue.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did any of you guys have to pre-book your Ski luggage with Air Canada or did you just pitch up at the check in desk and sort it out on the day?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anthony81077, no, you don't have to pre-book. Just turn up with it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anthony81077, yeah just pitch up, but make sure you read the baggage allowance section of their website first.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just got back from skiing with air canada and I had both snowboard and ski's + some clothes in one bag weighing 26kg, and luggage weighing 23kg and it wasn't a problem. no fee.
on the way back they didn't even weigh the ski's.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
buzz55, yeah, you can often get away with it, but it becomes a lottery if you exceed baggage allowances. You then have to depend on the check-in staff being in a good mood or simply not being bothered. Not a recommended approach.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
anthony81077, flew a couple of weeks ago with them. no problem think they allow ski and boot bags as one item. (our boots were in our main bags) so only had 2 bags each (ski + backpack)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy