Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc 17th - 24th Feb '07

Poster: A snowHead
I'll be there with a large group of freinds and their families.

I know hyweljenkins is in the resort at that time and looking at a beer, but was wondering wether any other snowHead are about as well.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We'll have to sort out contact details soon. I've got my lift passes on order - not that I'm excited!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cool, should be pretty deserted for half term, hywel I'll PM my contact number.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
marc gledhill, It could well be quiet - the local Immobilier in Plan Peisey was telling me that they had no bookings for Feb as the French had all cancelled because of the perceived lack of snow wink I hope you have as great a time as we have just enjoyed Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
geri, I hope that's true snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spoke to Evolution2 in La Rosiere today, and booked their last lesson slot 11.30 - 13.30 on next Wednesday. They sounded manic. May not be that dead Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, but after all: you are talking La Ros.

It's bound to be popular Little Angel wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right, time to get organised.

We'll need to hire skis for one, and I'm tired of getting fobbed off with any old carp, so can anyone recommend a decent hire shop in Arcs 2000?

We'll need to eat out once, so can anyone recommend a good restaurant? I'm planning to spoil 'er Indoors, so something better than Burger Star.

We'll need to drink out more than once, so what are the best bars/clubs? If you've been to La Fianna in Barcelona you'll know the sort of thing I'm after. The type of place that's more 4Hero, Late Night Alumni, Mim and Husky Rescue than Vauxhaull thump-thump-thump-thump Nova.

I wouldn't mind some one-on-one tuition, too. Any recommendations?

Marc - get the kettle on!

Ta.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hyweljenkins,

http://www.restaurant-savoie.com/

Chalet de l'Arc. Never been there at night, but I'm told its good.

http://www.chaletdelarcelle.com/

Also good during the day - not sure how easy it is to get to 1600 from 2000 at night though Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hyweljenkins, Chalet de l'Arc. Been there at night, it's really good. Possibly the best spot in the hills.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hyweljenkins, another vote for Chalet de l'Arc, although I think it's only open in the evenings on a couple of nights of the week and if it's blowing a blizzard you wouldn't want to walk up the piste to it from Arc 2000. An alternative might be to pop down the Cabriolet gondola to 1950 where there's a choice of two or three nice restaurants. My favourite there is Valentino's for a good pizza.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, c'mon , a girl on a special night out, might not necessarily want pizza Shocked wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geri, why not? Don't say she'd expect something posh!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
hyweljenkins, another vote for Chalet de l'Arc, although I think it's only open in the evenings on a couple of nights of the week and if it's blowing a blizzard you wouldn't want to walk up the piste to it from Arc 2000. An alternative might be to pop down the Cabriolet gondola to 1950 where there's a choice of two or three nice restaurants. My favourite there is Valentino's for a good pizza.

Ah, but on blizzardy nights they will run you back home in a piste basher which is a pretty cool way to end the evening.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geri wrote:
rob@rar, c'mon , a girl on a special night out, might not necessarily want pizza Shocked wink

But perhaps better than getting lost in a blizzard? I've had some spectacular failures trying to impress a girl with a fancy dinner, but none of them involved the possibility of freezing to death up a mountain Wink Come to think of it, one of my most spectacular successes did involve a lovely Sicilian pizzeria with a view of the Mediterranean and an erupting volcano Smile
latest report
I've never heard it called that before Shocked
ski holidays
marc gledhill wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Ah, but on blizzardy nights they will run you back home in a piste basher which is a pretty cool way to end the evening.

Do they really take you home on a piste-basher? Would they return us to plan Peisey from there? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Well they took us to Arc2000 in it, but I don't think they veiw it as a taxi service Laughing
ski holidays
hyweljenkins, a few answers.

Chalet De L'arc was very good on our trip from 27th Jan - open Wed and Fri nights. Evening menu was more restricted than the lunch time restaurant one but the Porc was very good and the Lamb Shank looked excellent - kids shared steak and chips which was very good as well. I reckon it would be ideal for a nice meal with Mrs Hyweljenkins. Walk up and back from 2000 is well lit and easy and about 10 mins or so.

Best restaurant IMHO in 1950 is Il Valentino (formerly La Casa but had to change following some sort of dispute over the use of the name) - really good pizza and pasta with excellent service and now entirely no smoking. Worth a trip from 2000 if you push the boat out and eat out twice. wink

Bear in mind cabriolet between 1950 and 2000 now closes at 9:30pm (midnight last year) except Saturday when it is 5:30pm.

If you do go for a lunch time burger though Meli's in 1950 is good as well - try their meli burger.

Other lazy two hour lunch dining experience to be recomended is Bélliou La Fumée, opposite the Pre St Esprit lift (take Marmottes run from 2000 past 1950, onto the Cascades and down - Bélliou La Fumée, is on the right as you approach the Pre St Esprit Lift). Really good food and IMHO best restaurant in the area but not open in the evenings.

Hire shop I use is Equilibres at 2000 - guy calls Sylvain runs it and is very helpful

For private lessons, I have used Spirit the ski school in 1950 - 2 minute ski down from 2000 and always had a good experience in group and private lessons with them.

Have a great trip
ski holidays
Bungle, thanks - that's very helpful, as were the other responses of course.

I've asked the chalet rep. to book us in to Chalet l'Arc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy