Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your dream car for driving to the snow

Poster: A snowHead
Following on from the Luxury Ski thread, what would be your dream car for getting you to the Alps?

Being boring and practical, I'm opting for top of the range Volvo XC90 D5 - plenty of room, reasonable economy and 4x4
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ive not got one but a V10 Volkswagon Toureag, 4x4 mean machine would be my choice, loads of power great in the snow, although fuel consumption may be a problem wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anything that gets me to the airport without breaking down.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Answering for one of my Zits - an ice cream van rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My 2001 Alfa romeo with a boot ski rack that I can't find anywhere for sale! Can't have a roof rack as it has no roof, well not in summer, anyway!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
TimDog, my Alfa has a roof, but you can't put a roof rack on it. It does have a ski tunnel, though.

I think I'd choose my current car.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aston Martin :}
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Range Rover with all the trimings
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Porsche Cayenne 4x4 fully loaded.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alpinebullit, Liam already suggested that! Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Range Rover Vogue TDV8.

Alpinebullit,
Quote:

Porsche Cayenne 4x4 fully loaded.

You'd have to drive at night so no one would see you in such a pig ugly car. wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kermit wrote:
Aston Martin :}

Ditto, but it has to be the 'Die Another Day' specification. Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My stretch Hummer
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jaguar X type estate 3.0 AWD Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My 911 does a pretty good job of chomping up the miles, but nothing beats a Ferrari with the engine howling at 100mph+ through a tunnel.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, Spyderman, Very Happy Very Happy was either that or a fully loaded range rover sport and that had already been done. I suppose I could drive it at night be out of it early morning for first lift and hope nobody saw me exiting the vehicle wink
ski holidays
Chrysler Grand Voyager with top box to fit in 2 adults, four teenagers, two snowboards and 4 pairs of skis. - will be doing exactly this on Feb 10th! Very Happy
latest report
kermit and D G Orf, I shall be taking both to Verbier at some point this season and will report back which was better Very Happy Sadly I don't have the Die Another Day spec though
snow report
Me, I want something that doesn't care how much junk you want to bring or where to put it . . . Check the satellite James, and take us to where it's snowing Cool

ski holidays
Masque, Have you purchased it yet? snowHead
snow report
I'd take a Hertz rental Fiesta Fusion 1.3 any time.... great motor, cheap and cheerful, good in the snow!!! wink Significantly better in snow than my own Merc... Rear Wheel Drive, Auto Box, summer tyres, ... hmmmmmmm
snow report
probably rubbish in snow but the new "M5 touring" would get you most of the way quick
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
My 911 does a pretty good job of chomping up the miles, but nothing beats a Ferrari with the engine howling at 100mph+ through a tunnel.

or trying to get up a 1 in 7000 gradient with snow on it Cool
snow report
AxsMan wrote:
Chrysler Grand Voyager with top box to fit in 2 adults, four teenagers, two snowboards and 4 pairs of skis. - will be doing exactly this on Feb 10th! Very Happy

If you're going to put all that in the box, what on earth are you going to put inside the car?
snow conditions
Nissan x trail 2.5.

Must be good 'cos at least 2 snowHeads have them and two of the snowplough drivers in Val Thorens use them to drive to work Toofy Grin

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 30-01-07 13:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
A Challenger Mk2 battle tank:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Challenger2.jpg

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 30-01-07 14:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Chizz5056, rolling eyes The RH track will come off before you get to Dover and the Diesel tanker's you would need to fuel it evey hour would get in everybodys way Toofy Grin

PS. Might be worth you having a read of this......
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=529725#529725
snow report
Austin 1100 rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, Nope, I had to put off selling this place while other things took precedence. Also there's been a big crackdown on importing "oversize" motorehomes from the US
The DVLA and VOSA have been getting very heavy handed and contradictory about what's a 'legal Motorhome' Though, I've my class C test in 3 weeks and so far I've not hit anything, killed anyone nor frightened the instructor.
snow report
Would be a Honda Element for me. 4x4, good sized engine, it's a Honda so will never break down, has tonnes of space in it, it's all outdoors friendly plastic inside and it's so ugly that no-one would ever want to nick it Very Happy

Shame they don't bring official ones into this country.
snow report
LARGEZOOKEEPER, Laughing Embarassed Yes it does read like that doesn't it! Laughing
snow conditions
I was going to say "Ford Mondeo Estate", but I see Lord Smurfitt has already suggested it. Wink

In the area of "Dream Car":
Lotus Esprit Turbo - with the skis mounted on the rear window.
Aston Martin AMV8
Alfa 8C Competizione
snow report
Quite liked the Subaru Tribeca which I drove in the US last year. 4WD semi MPV with all the toys yet not huge. Ugly as a bulldogs bottom though.
latest report
A Volvo 240 estate from the classic period - say about 1989/90 2.0 or 2.3 injection petrol engine. Capacious capacity, incredibly reliable, cheap to buy, handles fine in snow and ice (I know 'cos I've done it). You can get in as many skis as you like, luggage, people, dogs, hay bails, yacht sails, building materials etc etc. I always laugh at those huge modern 4x4 vehicles which have such a lack of space that they stick the spare wheel on the outside! Save the money for the finer things in life, don't waste it on cars.
latest report
RS6 Quattro Avant
snow report
Audi A8 4.2 TDI would make a nice cruiser down the motorways, then I'd swap it for a Touareg. Had a go driving a V10 one of those around Nairobi last summer, great car and massively fast!
snow report
Bell Jet ranger, who needs car's wink snowHead
snow conditions
My current car. Nissan X-Trail 2.2 dCi
ski holidays
range rover.. X5.. cheyenne.. tourag.. whatever that new audi jeep thing is called.. will all fit the bill for me..
and all do well over a ton on a french toll raod with zero hassle..
speaking of ferraris in chamonix last tuesday evening it was snowing and a ferrari was in all sorts of bother trying to get out of town..
gently trying to get moving in a straght line he (or she or course) would lose traction and spin it up to x thousands revs sliding near parked cars.. natch a healthy crowd of onlookers enjoyed the show.. i could still hear the occassional howl of the engine some minutes later. progress must have been stressfull and slow... Shocked
snow report
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
whatever that new audi jeep thing is called..

Q7.

(Next to Q8, cause it needs to be near an oil refinery...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy